Any "no bake" slice recipes around?

Page 3 / 3
245sam, Feb 6, 7:07am
korban, I love ginger too so thanks for that, I must try making a ginger version of the Apricot Slice but I'll stick with the caster sugar though as I prefer that to coconut.:-))

korban, Feb 6, 7:47am
I don't like ginger at all!I much prefer apricots in mine and coconut!Enjoy

tansey, Feb 6, 7:48am
Heres a great slice that is done in the microwave. It's a chocolate, coconut rough.
1 cup Self raising flour, 1 Cup Coconut, Half Cup sugar, quarter cup cocoa, 2 desertspoon golden syrup, 150 gram butter.
Mix all the dry ingredients in bowl. Melt the butter and add golden syrup. Stir to mix through then pour into the dry mix and blend all together.
Press into flat microwave dish. I actually use a cardboard frame. Good size is 250 x 200.
Microwave on med/high for just 3 minutes.
Cut it while hot and ice with chocolate icing.
Yum. Goes down treat.

vinee, Feb 6, 9:44am
yeah I always use SW but they have changed the formula and now they are yuk.
I make the chocky one with either malt or sw so that's safe but the coffee or ginger ones are in danger of becoming extinct!
I tried a few other plain bikkies but they're just not the same.

sarahb5, Feb 21, 3:31am
I guess you could use other cereal for this couldn't you - hubby got some muesli with apricots in by mistake as he doesn't like apricots so I suppose I could use it up like this couldn't I!

rose22, Aug 22, 10:16am
Not a slice but easy and no cook Cheats Belgian biscuits

Take a packet of Homebrand gingernuts
Spread half the packetwith raspberry jam
sandwich with the rest, ice and sprinkle with jelly crystals
leave for 36-48 to soften a bit. our kids love them

kinna54, Aug 22, 10:30am
Will re post this basic one that I have posted many times:
It is a very versatile fudge cake recipe, and can be changed to many flavours:in fact I have just made it again today as a lemon slice, where I took out the sultanas, replaced the vanilla with lemon juice and lemon zest and added coconut.(quanities the same.) and Iced with a lemon icing.
Have also made it as apricot, by using malt biscuits instead of wine, and replacing the sultanas with chopped dried apricots, ice with an orange icing.
You can also add 1 TBSP cocoa to the base to make a choc fudge base.

*The biscuit cake*
Ingredients:
250gwine biscuits
1/2 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas
125g butter
3-4 TBSPS condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
Crush wine biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the sultanas .
Melt together butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk.
Add this gradually to the dry mixture and blend together well.
Press into a swiss roll tin, and refrigerate.

Ice with chocolate(or flavoured)icing. Sprinkle withcoconut or chopped nuts.

marcs, Aug 29, 4:49am
I have a jar of nutella in the pantry that thekids won't eat. This sounds nice enough to make.