Lime Fudge Slice

magenta, May 29, 12:30am
Does anyone have a recipe for this.It used to be on TM cooks.I cant find it on the new site TIA

jessie981, May 29, 12:37am
Recipes on Google. they all seem to be made with evaporated milk. Sound yummy.

fifie, May 29, 12:45am
Would this be the one from T/m cooks.. Lime Fudge Slice
Base 1 1/4 cups flour, 125 grams butter, 2 tblsp sugar, Filling 150 grams butter, melted, 1/2 cup lime juice 2 lime (grated rind), 5eggs, 1/2 cups sugar, icing sugar to dust with. Method Put the flour, butter and sugar into a food processor and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. This can also be done by hand, by rubbing the butter into the dry ingredients. Press the mixture into the base of a lined 24 cm cake tin. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes until golden. While cooking prepare the filling. Filling Beat the butter, lime juice, lime rind, eggs and caster sugar together well. Pour the filling over the hot base and return to a 160 degrees Celsius oven for 25-30 minutes or until the filling has set. Cool to serve. Dust with icing sugar to serve. posted by pam.delilah

magenta, May 29, 12:48am
Thanks fifie, much appreciated

harrislucinda, May 29, 12:57am
thatshouldbenicecoming frompam

jessie981, May 29, 1:03am
Yes, I usually include if it's someone else or an Aunt Daisy or Edmonds recipe.
They may not know who pam is (pickles7)

blt10, May 29, 2:48am
Have got to try Pam's recipe above, thanks for sharing

wildflower, May 29, 4:57am
Sounds lovely, will have to source some limes and try this one:)

bappy, May 29, 8:40pm
Would this work as well with lemons too?

pam.delilah, May 29, 9:05pm
yes, the lime one is my variation of the lemon one
here isthe recipe
Lemon Fudge Slice
Base
1 1/4 cups flour,
125 grams butter,
2 tblsp sugar,
Filling
150 grams butter, melted,
1/2 cup lemon juice 2 lemons (grated rind),
5eggs,
1/2 cups caster sugar, icing sugar to dust with.
Method
Put the flour, butter and sugar into a food processor and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. This can also be done by hand, by rubbing the butter into the dry ingredients.
Press the mixture into the base of a lined 24 cm cake tin.
Bake at 180 degrees Cfor 30 minutes until golden. Decrease the oven to 160c
While cooking prepare the filling.
Filling
Beat the butter, lemon juice, lemon rind, eggs and caster sugar together well.
Pour the filling over the hot base and return to a 160 C oven for 25-30 minutes or until the filling has set.
Cool to serve. Dust with icing sugar to serve.

jessie981, May 29, 9:58pm
Sorry pam. Put you as pickles.

510, May 29, 9:58pm
I have to take something tor a coffee, cake , & games night. when I saw this yesterday I thought this looked good with the limes, now I know you can do it with lemons it is even better as I have heaps of lemons on the tree. Migft it give this a whirl.later.

510, May 29, 10:02pm
Pam, I presume I can do it on fan bake & if so what changes do I make to thetime & temperature of the oven. TIA

pam.delilah, May 29, 10:09pm
I haven't used fan bakebut would suggestloweringthe temperature to 160 then 140 and not sure about time, try it after 20 min for base and 20 for topping

norse_westie, May 30, 4:22am
Delicious. Made the lime one today and the kids nearly climbed over each other to get it. Not much left :(Thankfully I got in before they came home from school.

magenta, May 30, 5:17am
I was goingit too, but did not think 1/2cup of sugar looked right for the amount of juice.Can you confirm it is right Pam.

pam.delilah, May 30, 5:27am
yes , you can increase if you want

norse_westie, May 30, 8:50am
I'd probably put 3/4 in next time.

peasandlove, Jun 17, 2:36am
I just made this, and it seemed like way too much butter. I've been taking handy towels and dabbing it over the top to absorb some of the excess oil in it!any clue what I've done wrong? The flavour is nice aside from this