Can anyone name this slice?

tigerlily99, May 18, 11:28pm
A lady at work bought in a really delicious slice the other day. It was simple, it was her mum's or nana's. It had chocolate chunks/bits in the centre, kind of crumbly on top. She told me the name of it but now I can't remember. It was something like Millington or Rollington or something like a name of a town. Really delicious and simple, I want to make it. Does anyone know the slice I mean?

tarshlove, May 18, 11:49pm
x1
Wellington Squares?

Base: 8 oz kremelta (melted), 4 cups cornflakes, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup icing sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa - pour kremelta over dry ingredients and mix. Spread half in sponge roll tin and place in fridge.
Filling: 1/2 tin condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 oz butter, 2 tablespoons golden syrup - Place all ingredients in a pan and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cool and spread over base. Top with remainder of base mixture and set in fridge.

Or

Wellington Slice
Ingredients :-
4 cups cornflakes
3 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup icing sugar
240g Kremelta

Melt Kremelta and pour over other ingredients.Spread half this mixture in sponge roll tin.Cover with caramel.Carefully spread remainder of first mixture over caramel.Put in fridge until firm.Cut into small squares and store in fridge.Delicious with coffee, either for afternoon tea or after dinner.

Caramel
1 Tbsp golden syrup
2 Tbsp corn flour
60g butter
½ tin condensed milk
½ cup brown sugar

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and boil mixture for 1 minute.

tigerlily99, May 19, 1:59am
tarshlove, it was definately a baked slice, she said the ingredients were just like sugar, butter, chocolate, flour not much to it. It was kid of like tan square only it had choc in the middle, no caramel. Thanks anyway :-)

radelle, May 19, 2:03am
what ever it was sounds yum my mother in law makes a nice fridge slice using crushed bikkies ,sugar, nuts or choc chunks, saultanas, what ever you want really heat through on the stove then press into a tin then she ices with choco frosting or for pudding she will make it with choco chunks then put choco mousse on top is hard to turn away i tell you lol

tigerlily99, May 19, 2:08am
I'm searching for this everywhere but no luck so far.

radelle, May 19, 2:14am
you might just have to ask the lady at work again and write it down this time lol and dont forget to shear with us lol

tarshlove, May 19, 2:45am
Are you sure it wasn't a type of brownie

kinna54, May 19, 3:07am
I think it is possiblysomething known as Billington slice. I used to order it in from a local bakery for one of the catering units I worked in.It has like a shortcake base, then a chocolate nutty spread (may even be a nutella or hazelnutmix in there somewhere)filling with the choc bits in, then a louise cake macaroon type crumble on the top?Sorry I don't have a recipe but will see what I can come up with. Maybe someone else out there has it?

tigerlily99, May 19, 5:36am
kinna that sounds right although the nut part I don't remember being in there but she might have left it out this time. No coconut on top as in Louise slice. I will look up Billington slice and see what comes up. Promise to share it with you when I get this recipe.

lizab, May 19, 5:46am
sounds like you might have to ask the lady at work for the recipe - sounds yum!

tigerlily99, May 19, 5:49am
Hey, if you have a sweet tooth like me, check out the Mars Bar Slice recipe I put in the other thread about slices.

frances1266, May 19, 6:28am
Millionaire's shortbread?

four.mcs, Jun 9, 3:30am
Did anyone get to the bottom of this? I'd be keen to hear what it is.

four.mcs, Jun 10, 3:30am
Did anyone get to the bottom of this! I'd be keen to hear what it is.

tigerlily99, May 18, 11:28pm
A lady at work bought in a really delicious slice the other day. It was simple, it was her mum's or nana's. It had chocolate chunks/bits in the centre, kind of crumbly on top. She told me the name of it but now I can't remember. It was something like Millington or Rollington or something like a name of a town. Really delicious and simple, I want to make it. Does anyone know the slice I mean!

tarshlove, May 18, 11:49pm
Wellington Squares!

Base: 8 oz kremelta (melted), 4 cups cornflakes, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup icing sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa - pour kremelta over dry ingredients and mix. Spread half in sponge roll tin and place in fridge.
Filling: 1/2 tin condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 oz butter, 2 tablespoons golden syrup - Place all ingredients in a pan and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cool and spread over base. Top with remainder of base mixture and set in fridge.

Or

Wellington Slice
4 cups cornflakes
3 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup icing sugar
240g Kremelta

Melt Kremelta and pour over other ingredients.Spread half this mixture in sponge roll tin.Cover with caramel.Carefully spread remainder of first mixture over caramel.Put in fridge until firm.Cut into small squares and store in fridge.Delicious with coffee, either for afternoon tea or after dinner.

Caramel
1 Tbsp golden syrup
2 Tbsp corn flour
60g butter
½ tin condensed milk
½ cup brown sugar

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and boil mixture for 1 minute.

tigerlily99, May 19, 1:59am
tarshlove, it was definately a baked slice, she said the ingredients were just like sugar, butter, chocolate, flour not much to it. It was kind of like tan square only it had choc pieces in the middle, no caramel. The topping was crumbled. Thanks anyway :-)

tigerlily99, May 19, 2:08am
I'm searching for this everywhere but no luck so far.

tarshlove, May 19, 2:45am
Are you sure it wasn't a type of brownie something like

Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Brownie often (not sure if similar to the double chocolate brownie slice) it is rather thick but not that you can't spread it. 200g butter, 3/4cup cocoa, 2 cups caster sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 4 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 2 cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips - so you can compare your recipe

kinna54, May 19, 3:07am
I think it is possiblysomething known as Billington slice. I used to order it in from a local bakery for one of the catering units I worked in.It has like a shortcake base, then a chocolate nutty spread (may even be a nutella or hazelnutmix in there somewhere)filling with the choc bits in, then a louise cake macaroon type crumble on the top!Sorry I don't have a recipe but will see what I can come up with. Maybe someone else out there has it!

tigerlily99, May 19, 5:36am
kinna that sounds right although the nut part I don't remember being in there but she might have left it out this time. No coconut on top as in Louise slice. I will look up Billington slice and see what comes up. Promise to share it with you when I get this recipe.

frances1266, May 19, 6:28am
Millionaire's shortbread!