Georges Cafe Avondale

andrea1978, Aug 9, 10:15pm
I'm sure it's called that? Across the road from the Avondale Police Station in the old petrol station. I just went there and wow! Really good tasty food and reasonable prices too. Glad I let my curiousity get the better of me and went in for a look :)

Anyone else been there?

andrea1978, Aug 10, 10:55pm
x1
Noone's been here? You don't know what you're missing Auckland people! Better than The Fridge i reckon :)

bigjules1, Aug 11, 12:34am
x1
Is that where Whare Kai was? Must try it out. Where is the Fridge?

meegs35, Aug 11, 1:58am
x1
That's good to hear as we live in Avondale. What sort of food is it?

kcak, Aug 11, 2:04am
x1
Great to hear! Didn't even know it was there but will certainly be making a visit as we are only a couple of minutes down the road. People do not realise just what Avondale has got to offer- or perhaps it's just as well!

seaspray1, Aug 11, 2:12am
x1
My sister lives in Avondale and when they opened decided the best way to keep them open was to support them. They do keep some slightly odd hours but you are right - the food is great.

chevcamaro, Aug 12, 7:54pm
checked it out, nice fresh food, not alot of choice, will be good but the food game is a hard market to stay on top of, must be costing alot for lease etc because its a large shop, time will tell, lots of food shops in avondale, compitition is high, good luck to them

avondale_residen, Nov 24, 8:04pm
George's cafe is the most unreliable business I've ever encountered!!! I got them to write the number on the back of a business card so I can call ahead of time to see if they are open. They will tell you opening hours are 9am-4pm Tues-Sun. THIS IS WRONG. They do not have any set hours of trade, if they are closed they usually have a "SORRY" sign in the window - pathetic. The food is fantastic, but the service lets them down. If you go here, do it on a whim, if you plan the visit and are really looking forward to the food I guarantee you they will be closed and you will be disappointed. Also remember - just because the doors are open doesn't mean the baker showed up that day and you can get what you want!!! That's junkies for you I
guess. They should sign up to one of those shows where they teach you how to run a successful cafe etc. But even then they probably wouldn't turn up to shooting on the first day!

guest, Jan 3, 6:29am
x1
georges cafe has great food and the owners always full of smiles. who is this person above 'chef avondale residen'?? please reply.

guest, Jan 8, 5:41am
x1
Great food, Great people,Great Smiles,makes my day.....Who is this negative chef_avondale_residen? I've been there and it is a great meeting place,especally for us parents,who have children and need a place to chill.

aut0b0ts, Jan 12, 3:14am
x1
Hi! does anyone have there business number. Went there yesterday and I loved it!

guest, Jan 15, 10:55pm
x1

avondale_residen, Feb 10, 9:33pm
My Mistake - I thought forums were a place to express your opinion. If you went to your local supermarket and it was closed every other day would you give it a high rating? No you wouldn't, you would stop going and then write in a forum how disappointed you were and to warn others about pending disappointment when they want to visit. Clearly none of you have been let down as much as I have from this business!!

guest, Feb 16, 3:08pm
u obvisly dont know the owners that well. i more upset that u calld them junkies, so what if they were. at least they are tryin to do somethin.

corbytas, Aug 2, 7:41pm
George's are closed, they were open random hours and the food was not great.

A new place has opened up at the same site called Salvation Kitchen, which is a good cafe.

marree, Aug 2, 9:59pm
Are you all talking about the previous 'Whare Kai'?I'm just down the road (St Georges)from driving past & seeing signage I think they were opening an 'icecream shop'?

auckpics, Aug 15, 8:16am
theres a kewl caff round the cnr on rosebank rd. think its called kitchen. kewl wood boxes outside. not open on the weekend but really good kai