Homemade curried sausages sauce recipe needed

dinkypinky, Aug 1, 1:48am
we having curried sausages, but i would rather make own sauce part and not use the packet version. Any ideas appreciated! thanks

245sam, Aug 1, 1:57am
dinkypinky, I recommend the following - it's easy to make, delicious to eat and it makes a good quantity for a family meal and possibly some leftovers too... . .

"Julies Famous (on trademe! ) Curried Sausages
In a large deep frying pan or electric frypan, melt 25 gms butter. Don't let it spread all over the pan. . keep in a smallish area. On top of that as it melts, place 1-2 tsps each of ground coriander and ground cumin (or 1-2 tsp curry powder) and 1 tsp of turmeric. Mix the spices into the butter and cook a minute or two till the spice flavour has expanded. Use kitchen scissors to chop uncooked sausages (I use pork sausages) into about four pieces. Stir through the butter and spice mix. Add 1-2 chopped onions and 1-2 chopped carrots and stir through also. Cook a few minutes stirring every now and then, till the sausage and onion are starting to brown a little and the mix is sticking to the pan surface. Add 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and stir through. A wooden spatula is easiest for this - and will help you lift the brownings from the surface of the pan to mix through to give extra flavour. Add 1 can coconut cream-400gm (I use the lite version) and stir through. Add a handful of coconut and another of sultanas, and one or two chopped bananas. Maybe some apple. Simmer all together for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or till the mix is as thick as you want. I don't thicken it as the flavour is better this way. Season to taste and serve on rice. Make lots as it tastes great the next day. I'd use about 10-12 sausages for this size mix. . up to you how many you add. . I also sometimes add several scrubbed and chopped potatoes or kumara to the recipe too, when adding the onions. . tastes good too. . Some fruit type chutney is nice added too. . It's a great recipe for a pot luck also. . Make extra as it's great reheated next day. . Hope you like this. . it's a real hit here. . Enjoy. .
posted by juliewn":-))

petal1955, Aug 1, 3:17am
KIWI STYLE CURRIED SAUSAGES

8 Sausages
1 onion chopped
1 apple diced
2-3 tsp curry powder
1 cup sultanas
1 cup water
1 tsp instant chicken stock powder
2 tbsp apricot or plum jam
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp corn flour
Brown the sausages gently in a large fry pan. Add the onion and cook until lightly browned. Add the apple and the curry powder. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring to coat the sausages, onion and apple.

Add the remaining ingredients, (except the corn flour) and stir well to combine. Cover and cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes. Mix the corn flour with a little water and make a thin paste. Stir into the sausage mixture and reheat till mixture thickens.
Serve with rice or mashed potato.

dinkypinky, Dec 15, 2:53pm
thanks so much to both of you - will give both options a try! :)