For Cupcake Decorators

cookessentials, Jul 30, 8:18am
This lady would have to be my favourite cake decorator. She has some of the most beautiful cupcake and cake designs. This should give you some great ideas if you are looking for something different.
http://www.peggyporschen.com/

lulu239, Jul 30, 9:29pm
Those are beautiful Pam. I often wonder how people get their icing so smooth and even on the biscuits. They are not fondant so how do they look so even around the edges? Practice, I suppose.

cookessentials, Jul 31, 12:30am
Perhaps some sort of edging tool?

scruffy17, Jul 31, 1:07am
do they do the outline then flood the filling in if that makes sense?

cookessentials, Jul 31, 1:36am
I dont know, but there may be some cake decorators here that may know. They are so beautiful to look at and some tof the wedding cakes are just gorgeous.

lulu239, Jul 31, 1:46am
A bit tongue in cheek but I sometimes wonder what the cake tastes like as some of those big cakes must take days to ice!

cookessentials, Jul 31, 2:34am
I think alot of those big cakes are made using toppers and design tools atc which would make the job far faster. i have seen the most beautiful topper patern makers through the cookie mould place i deal with and they are an absolute work of art. All you have to do is place your fondant over it and press to make a beaituflly patterned top. i notice, you can get rollers for decorating sides of cakes too - certainly different from the way they were done years ago!

lizab, Jul 31, 4:19am
yep, I'm pretty sure I've seen them do that to get the perfect edges :)

cookiebarrel, Jul 31, 5:48am
Definatly a lovely site cookessentials. I have a couple of her books and they are really inspirational. Lulu239 a lot of the decorations, flowers and others are made off the cakes and attatched once cakes are covered with the fondant. These can be made quite a while before hand. Then of course a lot of cake decorating businesses have extra staff to help and 'many hands make quick work'. With a lot of the cakes featured, a good cake decorator could complete from covering cakes to finished item in less that 2 days, providing flowers and other decorations that can be made beforehand and then attatched to cake, had been done. Covering with fondant helps keep cakes fresher a bit longer. Any I have tried have ben just as nice as fresh made.

darlingmole, Dec 14, 3:58pm
My real problem with peggy's icing is this ...

It's just TOOOOOO beautiful to eat and destroy!
Wow I wish I was as clever as her in the kitchen