Left Over Corned Beef - What to do with it?

2suzis, Jul 26, 4:26am
I cooked corned beef yesterday and want a recipe for using up the leftovers (almost half! ) - I'm sure my mum used to make fritters with it but I can't find a receipe anywhere - any ideas?

bisloy, Jul 26, 4:29am
I am lazy and just slice or diceit up, put it in a cassarole dish. Put all the left over beans and carrots on the top and cover in white sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes. Always really tasty and yummy.

soden, Jul 26, 4:42am
Layer it with pre boiled kumara sliced like for scalloped potatoes, then pour over Pam's Honey Mustard Dressing and top with diced red capsicum and chopped spring onions. Before pouring over dressing maybe put 1/4 cup of chicken stock over. This is great!

fisher, Jul 26, 5:30am
Corned Beef Leftovers
Shred your leftover corned beef and set aside... In a bowl finely slice some chives, parsley and 4 spring onions and mix together... .
Add your leftover mashed potatoes, the corned beef and mix all well together... Form into patties and fry in butter/oil on both sides till golden...
Salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice will compliment the flavours...

fisher, Jul 26, 5:31am
Corned Beef( Leftover ) CasserolePreheat oven to 180 c
Mince up the left over corned beef and add a chopped onion, pepper, 1 tsp prepared mustard and 1 tbsp brown sugar...
Place into a deep dish and spread tomato sauce over the top... Cover with mashed potato and sprinkle over some grated cheese...
Bake at 180c for 1/2 hour or until golden brown...
Variations:
Add 1 tsp curry powder. .
Add 1 powdered beef oxo cube...

fisher, Jul 26, 5:33am
x1
Potato and Corned Beef loafPreheat oven to 180 c
Cook and mash some potatoes and add left over corned beef...
Now add two chopped spring onions. . 1 tsp mustard powder. . 3 cloves chopped garlic. . 1 1/2 c grated cheese and 4 eggs...
Mix all together and place in a casserole dish and bake until golden...

fisher, Jul 26, 5:35am
x2
Corned Beef Hash
Finely slice up 1/4 of a green cabbage, grate 1 large carrot, chop 1 onion. Melt 50g of butter in a large stockpot. Stir fry veges 10mins.
Add rice (as below) to veges turn down heat, add corned beef, heat through. Taste and season with salt...
Micro wave rice:Cook 2 cups of raw rice to 4 cups of boiling water, uncovered in a large bowl. 9 mins on high, stir then another 9 mins...

samboy, Jul 26, 9:56am
fritters made much the same as above:chopped onion, mashed potato, chopped parsley, 1 tblsp tomato chutney and a beaten egg to bind, roll in breadcrumbs, you can add other things if you want to, eg. . mushroom, chives, garlic etc. Fry in shallow pan

nauru, Jul 26, 12:40pm
Mix chopped corned beef with some mashed potato and cooked onion & parsley. Use as filling for pies or pasties.

kiwiscrapper1, Jul 26, 10:27pm
This is my favourite way of using up too. . yum

pheebs1, Jul 26, 11:36pm
oooh i made this from someone on here a few years ago when i asked the same thing.
layer the meat with cold left over potatoes(cook some if you dont have)
onions corn, repeat layers
cover with cheese sauce and sprinkle cheese on topbake 180 for probably 20-30
yum

theanimal1, Dec 3, 12:18pm
Recipe for corned beef hash made with cooked corned beef and potatoes and onions and gravy.
Ingredients:

* 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
* 2 cups cooked corned beef, finely chopped
* 3 cups cooked, chopped potatoes
* 2 tablespoons minced onion
* 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
* salt, pepper and brown gravy

Preparation:
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add corned beef, potatoes, and minced onion; spread evenly in the skillet. Brown on one side; turn with a spatula and brown the other side. Continue turning until most of the meat and potatoes are well-browned. Drain off excess fat and moisten with 3 or 4 tablespoons of brown gravy or beef gravy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with parsley, if desired.