A lamb curry recipe please

samsnan, Jul 26, 3:13am
I have 1 kg of nice lamb steak garlic, ginger, a jar of red curry paste, onions, tin tomatoe. Help me put something delicous for dinner tonight. Not to hot though. TIA

cookessentials, Jul 26, 3:16am
Here you go, this one is from the "meat" thread.

2 dried red chillies
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
½ teaspoon turmeric
1. 2 kg boneless lamb leg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or ghee
1 onion, sliced
2 teaspoons chopped ginger
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup yoghurt
3/4 cup water
6 cloves
1 cinnamon stick
4 long green chillies, slit in half, seeds removed (if desired)

Place red chillies, coriander, cumin, peppercorns and cardamom in a small frying pan. Cook over high heat until fragrant. Remove and place in a spice grinder along with the turmeric. Grind to a powder.

Trim lamb of excess fat and cut into 4cm cubes.

Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and cook until golden. Add ginger and garlic and cook a further couple of minutes. Add the spice mix.

Add lamb and stir to coat with the spices. Mix in the yoghurt along with the water, cloves, cinnamon and green chillies. Simmer, covered for 11/2 hours or until lamb is tender. Remove the lid and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced and thickened.

This is a perfect "pot luck" dinner and great when the nights get really chilly ( excuse the pun LOL)

cookessentials, Jul 26, 3:17am
Just lessen the chilli if you want something milder.

samsnan, Jul 26, 3:28am
Thanks cook I think I may need to leave it until tomorrow night. I dont have alot of those things in my pantry. Will get them tomorrow.

fisher, Jul 26, 6:14am
Might be a bit late for dinner tonight but maybe next time... :}

Golden Lamb Curry. . Serve with rice.
Ingredients:. .
1kg diced lamb leg steaks. . 1 tbsp oil. . 1 large onion. . 2 tbsp mild curry paste. . 1 tbsp garlic. . 1 tbsp minced ginger. . 1 tsp ground cardamom. . 1 tsp salt. . 1 can peeled tomatoes (in juice). . 11/2 cups pumpkin diced. . 2 cups beef stock. . 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt...
Method:
Season lamb with salt and pepper... Heat oil and brown meat... Set aside... In same frypan, sauté onion until lightly browned. .
Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, cardamom and salt and cook until fragrant... . Now add all ingredients (except yoghurt) to crockpot
Cook on low for 4 - 5 hrs... Stir in yoghurt just before serving.

m0naroman1, Jul 26, 7:44am
I agree Fisher - I make this same curry and its YUM

samsnan, Jul 26, 8:39am
Thanks for that Fisher I will try this tomorrow night. Apart from the cardamom I have everything else.

toeblister, Jul 26, 10:16am
Hi cookessentials, do you suppose that with your lamb curry recipe I could turn it into a pie. Want to make something a little different for friends coming to dinner :)

cookessentials, Dec 4, 6:14pm
Hi toeblister, I dont see why not. It might be a great way of servinng it, just make sure that it is thick enough before adding to the pie shell.