Microwave Banana Cake

nicki37, Jul 23, 12:29am
x2
Just wondering if anyone has a recipe for a microwave banana cake. Can't seem to find one for just a plain banana cake anywhere. TIA

245sam, Jul 23, 1:13am
x1
Here you are nicki37, this recipe is from "Edmond's Revised Edition Microwave Cookery Book" and it actually varies only slightly from the conventionally oven-cooked Edmond's banana cake... . .

BANANA CAKE
125g butter
1 cup caster
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup boiling milk
2 cups standard flour
2 tsp baking powder
icing sugar

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together until soft. Peel and mash the bananas. Lightly beat theeggs. Combine the bananas and eggs. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk and add it to the mixture. Sift the flour and baking powder together. Fold the sifted flour and baking powder into the mixture, mixing well. Lightly grease a 20cm microwave-proof ring mould. Pour the batter into the prepared ring mould. Cover with a paper towel. Cook, elevated on a microwave-proof rack onHIGH (100% power) for 7-8 minutes or until the cake looks just set on top. Allow to cool slightly before turning on to a cooling rack. When cool, dust with icing sugar.

Recipe "triple tested in 650, 750 and 800 wattage ovens" - but not personally tried by me - I'm 'old-fashioned' enough to prefer my baking done conventionally i. e. oven-baked, but each to his/her own. :-))

nicki37, Nov 21, 7:07am
x2
Thank you will try it this afternoon. Nicki