Lemonade bug

puppetman, Jul 21, 11:09am
I used to make ginger beer with a bug. Someone told me today he made lemonade with a bug a few years back. Has anyone done this? Anyone got one? A recipe? :)

puppetman, Jul 21, 9:59pm
bumping up for the morning crew. (I tried a google search but found nothing. I will try lemonade culture now. Could there be any other word for it?

245sam, Jul 21, 10:11pm
sorry, I can't help you puppetman but I wonder if it can be done in the same or a similar way to how ginger beer is made with the 'bug' except, obviously, without using any ginger.
It will be interesting to see if anyone is able to offer you some real help - good luck - please keep us updated. :-))

puppetman, Jul 21, 11:18pm
It will be interesting. Heres hoping someone see's this thread that has done this or even better has one! ! ! ! :)

pickles7, Jul 22, 12:35am
I used to make a fizzy lemonade, years ago. It was very nice, I will try and find my recipe.

puppetman, Jul 22, 1:07am
YAY! Thanks SO much! As I typed I have typed make fizzy lemonade into google in another window. :) Be great if you could find it!

puppetman, Jul 22, 2:50am
bumping now for the afternoon crew... heres hoping someone knows... .

pickles7, Jul 22, 4:37am
Sorry cannot find the recipe. I had a nice, ginger-ale one as well. It may come to me as to where they are stashed.

fisher, Jul 22, 4:43am
Fizzy Lemon drink
Ingredients:
2 litre screw top bottle. . 3 lemons. . 1 cup of sugar. . 1/4 tsp granulated yeast. .
Method:
Put sugar in large jug and add a bit of hot water from tap. . Stir to dissolve sugar. . Squeeze lemons into jug. .
Pour mixture into bottle adding cold water until almost full about 5 cm from the top. . Add yeast - about 1/4 tsp... .
Squeeze the bottle to expel air and put top on tight and tip bottle to mix... Leave for few days in cool spot... It is ready when the bottle feels quite hard...

puppetman, Jul 22, 5:02am
Geez... will I ever learn? Why go to all the bother here? Why ask, when all I have to do is ask Fisher! ! ! Still not the bug version... BUT I am going to try this one... once my lemons are ready... (still double fry fish and oysters mate... ):)

fisher, Jul 22, 5:11am
Lol... always have always will... :}was given some gem fish from the deep last night. . huge chunks, fresh, caught same day so went straight into frypan. . for last nights dinner... melt in ya mouth...

puppetman, Jul 22, 7:02am
... and you didn't invite me? The 10 hour trip there and 10 back could have given me enough time for 2 mouthfuls before heading home again, ;)

sailze, Sep 18, 10:07pm
here is recipe we found in an old recipe book , which we tried making 3-4 weeks ago

6 lemons
3 lbs sugar
4 Gals water/16 ltrs
2 Tablespoons Cream of tartar

sailze, Mar 29, 12:51pm
peel lemons thinly and add with the juice to the 4 Gallons of water and bring to the boil .Take of heat and add cream of tartar leave to stand for two days the bottle into clean sterralised softdrink bottles with screw caps then put in a cool dark place for a week .
we found the longer you leave it the better it tastes we had a bottle last nite could hardy notice the fermentation taste like after the first week. and its really fizzy kids love it