Latest AWW has a recipe for a fruit cake that

clair4, Jul 3, 9:37pm
looks good. I would very much appreciate it if someone could copy it here for me. The price of the magazine for 1 item seems too extravagant for me. Thanks

pogram0, Jul 3, 9:47pm
Is it the Grand Marnier fruit cake - the one that has blanched almonds on top?

clair4, Jul 4, 12:22am
Yes that is the one. I usually use brandy, but the grand marnier sounds nice. Thanks

245sam, Jul 4, 12:32am
clair4, is the recipe on this link the one, or anything like the one, you're wanting?

http://aww. ninemsn.com. au/article. aspx? id=786403

clair4, Jul 4, 1:01am
245sam. Thank you so much. Sounds like the one in the latest book. I will take it with me next time I go shopping and check it out.
I will make it sometime in the near future. I am always looking out for nice xmas cakes as I bake for the family.

buzzy110, Jul 4, 1:02am
LOL - Pop down to the local Dentist or Doctor's surgery. These places are a great place for finding magazines. My dentist has the latest ones every week. Take along a pen and paper and you can copy the recipe. I've often joked with my dentist's receptionist that I should go into their surgery every Monday to read the latest "all true" magazines.

pogram0, Jul 4, 3:26am
Here it is. Not the easiest cake to make but you asked for it.
3 cups (500g) sultanas, 1½ cups (250g) mixed peel, ¾ cup (110g) coarsely chopped raisins, ¾ cup (120g) chopped seeded dried dates, 2/3 cup (140g) coarsely chopped seeded prunes, ½ cup (125g) coarsely chopped glacè apricots, 2/3 cup (150g) coarsely chopped glacè pineapple, ½ cup (70g) slivered almonds, ½ cup (60g) coarsely chopped walnuts, 1 tbsp finely grated orange rind, ½ cup (110g) caster sugar, ¼ (60ml) orange juice, ½ cup (125ml) Grand Marnier, 250g butter (softened), ½ cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar, 5 eggs, 2 cups (300g) plain flour, 1 cup (160g) blanched almonds
2 tbsp Grand Marnier extra.

pogram0, Jul 4, 3:27am
Combine all the fruit in a large jar or container with a tight-fitting lid; mix in slivered almonds, walnuts and orange rind.

Sprinkle caster sugar evenly into a medium heavy-based pan. Cook over a low heat, without stirring, until sugar begins to melt; at that point, immediately begin stirring until sugar is completely melted and golden brown. Remove from heat, stir in orange juice. Return to heat, stirring constantly, until the toffee-like pieces have dissolved. Do not boil or mixture will evaporate. Stir in liqueur, then strain into a jug, discard any small pieces of toffee. Pour over fruit mixture; cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap.

Next day, turn jar upside down or stir fruit well; do this daily for 10 days.

punkinthefirst, Jul 4, 7:43am
For future reference... your local library will probably have this magazine. You can take it away on loan, or sit in the warm library and copy whatever you want (or have it photocopied).

clair4, Sep 29, 2:09am
Thank you pogram0 that is exactly the one I want. I very much appreciate you copying it out for me. I did try my local library, but they do not stock the AWW. I have printed off both copies that have been given to me and I will compare them tomorrow. Yum.