Recipes From The Atlas Cookery Book 1965!

Page 2 / 2
cookessentials, Jul 7, 1:30am
Brilliant, thanks jaybee

softlysoftly8, Jul 7, 9:36am
I am so interested in all you young girls finding out about cheesecakes after all this time ! ! ! I am in my 70s and have known them for as long as I can remember. My mother made them regularly for her family of s

softlysoftly8, Jul 7, 9:38am
I am so interested in all you young girls finding out about cheesecakes after all this time ! ! ! I am in my 70s and have known them for as long as I can remember. My mother made them regularly for her family of six kids and we adored them. Try them, they are so yummy ! ! !

cookessentials, Jul 8, 1:13am
Hi softlysoftly, they are quite delicious. My Mum used to make them when we were younger ( she is similar in age to you) and she also used to do the Bakewell tarts. It is amazing that people are becoming more and more interested in some of the older traditional and tried and true recipes.

calista, Jul 8, 11:17am
Regarding the cheesecakes= Mum used to make these. Sometimes she would shape the small piece of pastry on the top to form the first initial of out names. We always liked eating 'our' cheesecake.

juliewn, Jul 9, 12:47pm
One of our favourite goodies Pam. . we found some in a cafe in Picton a few days ago. . yum!

juliewn, Jul 9, 12:52pm
ps. . I first knew of cheesecakes when working, in the mid 70's, near a coffee lounge - the cheesecakes there were warm from the oven just before we had our morning tea break - and most of us would buy one. . I remember the taste still!

guest, Jul 2, 10:59pm
My mother's Atlas Oven Recipe Book has gone missing. Does the 1965 book have a recipe for peanut brownie biscuits called "Monkey Biscuits"

Best I have ever tasted. Could you please email me janfrench101@yahoo.com

guest, Jul 6, 5:56am
well i see this was never completed.....waste of time coming here really.