Peanuts

Page 2 / 2
helen149, Jun 15, 8:35am
Make peanut butter and sell it, it's got to be better than that Pams *&#^!

pickles7, Jun 15, 10:19am
how do you use boiled peanuts! other than in a stir fry.

levintofu, Jun 15, 9:35pm
perf the red Spanish variety... with salt and sugar sprinkled over top served warm... great snack or drinking accompaniment

pickles7, Jun 16, 11:58am
ok. my have to try them boiled for a change

levintofu, Jun 16, 9:35pm
perf the red Spanish variety. with salt and sugar sprinkled over top served warm. great snack or drinking accompaniment

blt10, Jun 18, 12:07am
Peanut loaf,milk,oat pastry

fog2, Jun 18, 6:49pm
I was given this recipe for roasting years ago by an elderly lady and it is the way I have done my peanuts ever since:Melt a container of Kremelta in a pot until just starting to smoke add a bag of raw peanuts (shelled) cook about 2 mins stirring frequently just when they are starting too change colour strain thru a METAL colander (not plastic as I did the 1st time ):- ) tip into baking tray and sprinkle with salt YUMMY,when the kremelta is cool pour back into container can be used about 3 times.

pickles7, Jun 18, 9:37pm
Don't you like reading an older thread and finding, my, not may. lol. my, is there for ever.

horizons_, Jun 18, 10:14pm
Can also be roasted in their shells.

linette1, Jun 19, 1:08am
Thanks to other posters:Peanut butter A 400g pkt of peanuts probably makes around 2 cups of peanut butter. I tend to rest the food processor motor intermittently when grinding the peanuts, so it does not have to work too hard. It is worth noting also: The oil begins to release itself just when you think it’s never going to happen. Be assured, it will happen! posted by rebecca18
Peanut Butter
Place 3 cups of peanuts (with or without skins) into an oven dish or microwave dish. Toast, stirring often, until the peanuts are only just beginning to change colour. Leave till completely cold. Place 2 cups of the peanuts in a food processor and whizz until a smooth paste has formed. Add the remaining 1 cup of peanuts, and pulse to chop the nuts just a little for super-crunchy peanut butter, a little more for crunchy, or till smooth for smooth peanut butter. Taste - add salt to taste if you need to, or enjoy your own peanut butter just as it is.. posted by juliewn
-

pickles7, Jun 19, 9:37pm
Don't you like reading an older thread and finding, my, not may. lol. my, is there for ever.

linette1, Jun 20, 1:08am
Thanks to other posters:Peanut butter A 400g pkt of peanuts probably makes around 2 cups of peanut butter. I tend to rest the food processor motor intermittently when grinding the peanuts, so it does not have to work too hard. It is worth noting also: The oil begins to release itself just when you think it’s never going to happen. Be assured, it will happen! posted by rebecca18
Peanut Butter
Place 3 cups of peanuts (with or without skins) into an oven dish or microwave dish. Toast, stirring often, until the peanuts are only just beginning to change colour. Leave till completely cold. Place 2 cups of the peanuts in a food processor and whizz until a smooth paste has formed. Add the remaining 1 cup of peanuts, and pulse to chop the nuts just a little for super-crunchy peanut butter, a little more for crunchy, or till smooth for smooth peanut butter. Taste - add salt to taste if you need to, or enjoy your own peanut butter just as it is. posted by juliewn
-