Miami wine cooler

dragonzflame, Jun 14, 12:05am
Who remembers this? As a young'un I was allowed a little bit of this at my parents' parties.

So we're having an 80s themed party and I want to make some as a punch. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do it? I don't really know what was in it or remember what it tasted like.

bigredmel, Jun 14, 12:46am
mmmmmmiami wine cooler - that was a yummy treat for us pre-teens in the 80s.
for a tacky punch, go a whole bladder of medium white wine, 3 litres of OJ, 1. 5litre L&P and half a cup of vodka or gin for that cheap leg opener effect

angie461, Jun 14, 12:48am
I bought something really similar recently, think it was a wine spritzer, I would mix just juice bubbles with wine?

twindizzy, Jun 14, 12:49am
Ingredients
1 can frozen lemonde concentrate
8 1/2 cups : 7UP or Sprite
8 1/2 cups : white wine or rosé wine
1 medium ripe orange, washed well and sliced

dragonzflame, Jun 14, 10:48pm
Thanks - I'm liking the idea of mixing JJ Bubbles with wine, nice and easy and probably won't be too foul. I found that recipe too, twindizzy ;-) It was the only thing I could find about Miami Cooler on the internet. Apart from a t shirt which I now kind of want.

stormbaby, Jun 15, 7:54am
Ok, I'll admit doing this. A couple of years back I went into a bottle store and asked for wine cooler. The guys practically wet themselves and said "Well no, we haven't had that for a FEW years". Bit embarrassing.

southerngurl, Jun 15, 8:06am
Man that used to be good, any idea if its still sold?

vintagekitty, Jun 15, 8:30am
OMG, yes Miami wine cooler was our staple while at uni, i think that cheap white wine and sparkly fruit juice would do it

angie461, Jun 15, 8:57pm
You could make some labels, to stick on the bottles, maybe heineken bottles? I remember a white label with coloured writing sort of freestyle. I love wine cooler, and have also been laughed at in a bottle store thirty years too late.

guest, May 20, 5:36am
Hey, do you have a link to the Miami Winecooler label, we also having 80's night and want to print some labels. Cheers.