part one

* Melted butter, to grease
* 2 x 250g pkts Arnott's Marie or Morning Coffee biscuits
* 250g butter, chopped
* 2 tbs caster sugar
* 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
* 3 eggs

Method

Lightly brush a 20cm round (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper. Place 6 biscuits in a plastic bag and seal. Use a rolling pin to pound until finely crushed. Transfer to a large bowl. Use your hands to break the remaining biscuits into small pieces. Add the pieces to the crushed biscuit in the bowl.

elleneva, Jun 7, 11:55pm
part 2

Combine the butter, sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the butter melts. Place the eggs and remaining cocoa powder in a bowl. Use a fork to whisk until combined.

Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture and use a fork to mix until a sticky chocolate sauce forms. Pour the chocolate sauce over the biscuit pieces and mix until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the pan and use the back of a spoon to press firmly. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into slices to serve.

245sam, Jun 7, 11:57pm
summer129, is it a chocolate fudge slice that you're wanting or some other flavoure. g. apricot, coffee or... . . ?

For more chocolate fudge slice recipe options have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=633

susieq9, Jun 8, 3:13am
x1
Chocolate Fudge.
2tblsp cocoa, 1/4cup milk, 1/2cup sugar, 1/2tsp vanilla essence, 125gm butter, crumbed biscuits (usually use stale or left over ones).
Mix cocoa with milk. Melt butter with sugar and add the milk mixture. Bring to the boil. Add biscuits and essence. Press into sponge roll tin. Set in Fridge. Ice with chocolate icing then cut into squares or fingers. Best kept in the refridgerator.

summer129, Jul 21, 7:00pm
Thanks for the recipes