Curry Mince Recipe please?

randomperson, Jun 7, 5:07am
Looking for a curry mince recipe please. Don't have cream but have a can of creamy evaporated milk that i'm wanting to use.

245sam, Jun 7, 5:12am
randomperson, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=18&t=360

Hope that helps. :-))

fhpottery, Jun 7, 5:30am
Mince, curry, onions fried, tom paste, sultanas, coconut cream (a little bit) garlic, and well cooked rice. Easy and nice. OR a sachet. Cheating, but good. Serve with Garlic Naan.

tinkagirl, Jun 7, 6:58am
I had bobotie tonight, it is easy and even better the next day. It is a South African dish that I saw on tv one day. lick on this link. I don't like raisins so I use chopped apple in stead. Good luck.

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RECIPES/RECIPES/meats/bobotie.
html

2halls, Jul 15, 6:07pm
Retro Mince Curry (a homage to 70's cooking ! ! ) I made this up one night, partly because I was in a hurry, and partly as a 'nod' to the past. It may sound weird, but it's delicious.

Heat a little vegetable oil in a large pan that has a lid. Pan fry a roughly diced onion, 4 sticks of chopped celery, 2 diced carrots, 3 diced peppers and 2 cloves garlic and a scant tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Cook on a medium heat for at least five minutes. Slice 6 largish mushrooms and then cut each mushroom into thirds, so you have like mushroom sticks. Add to the pan and stir through. Add 3 tsp of curry powder and 1 tsp of fennel seeds (if you have them, not essential). Pan fry for at least another four minutes. Add 600g topside mince and stir through, breaking it up with your wooden spoon and combining it with the vegetables. This will take about 5 minutes. When the mince is well broken up and coated in the spice mixture, add 1/2 cup of long grain brown rice and 1 and 1/4 cups of hot water. Toss in a handful of raisins or sultanas. Turn to a low heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.

While the mixture is cooking, chop up 1/2 a head of broccoli (stalks and all - make sure the stalks are very finely sliced), and get 1/2 - 2/3 cup of corn out of the freezer.

After the 30 mins cooking is up, stir, check to see if you need to add any water (still needs to be nicely moist). Place the broccoli and corn on top of the mixture, replace the lid and cook for a further 15 mins.

Remove the lid, check that the rice is cooked, adjust seasoning if needed and when all ready add the juice of one squeezed lemon.