Mince Chow Mein

jessie981, May 24, 7:20am
Used to make this yonks ago, but can't remember the measurements. Has mince, rice, cabbage, pkt chicken noodle soup, br sugar? , rice. Anyone know this recipe?

245sam, May 24, 7:28am
jessie981, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=18&t=356

Hope that helps. :-))

jessie981, May 24, 8:03am
That's the one, Thanx 245.

(top one)

natalie9, Jun 4, 7:08am
Mince Chow Mein Recipes

Postby Eden. M on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:25 am
Chow Mein – 4. 5 points w/w recipe
Serves 4 – 4. 5 500g lean beef mince 1/2 cabbage, shredded 2 packets of dry chicken noodle soup 1/4 cup dry rice 2teaspoon curry powder Points Per Serve. 1. Using a non-stick pan cook mince and curry powder. 2. Add 1/3 cup water and cabbage; cover for 5 minutes until it has wilted. 3. Sprinkle rice and packets of dry soup mix over the top and stir. 4. Replace lid and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally REposted by ams7

Kai S Ming
is from my Mum's old fav recipe book (a charity collection of fav recipe book) ... it's a recipe I keep in my head, so it's probably not the original one LOL. Brown 1 diced onion, 2 cloves crushed garlic and enough mince for 4 people. Add 3/4 c rice, and cook for another 2 mins. Add any flavoured stock, I usually use homemade chicken stock that's leftover in fridge. Put the lid on and simmer for 20 mins or until rice is cooked. Add any vegetables you like, I usually add frozen peas, diced carrots, sliced cabbage or sliced mushrooms, fairly close to the end of the cooking time. Season as required with salt & pepper. This is my daughters favourite ... so it looks like a generational thing in our family LOL, but it makes quite nice "comfort" food! posted by fastlanenz

Make a savoury mince dish with onion
add packet of chicken noodle soup and water and add sliced cabbage on top and put on a lid and steam... serve with mashed spuds a nice winter meal thats chepa and tasty posted by callie2000

Mince chowmein, yum!
I do mine in a wok, so much quicker! Brown mince and chuck in a chopped up onion and some garlic, pepper and salt. Then chuck in lots of shredded cabbage (as it shrivels down alot), carrots (sliced and halved), rice (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a cup), about 1/2 a cup of water, some curry powder, worchester sauce and a bit of soy sauce and let it simmer away under the lid. It'll be ready once the rice is cooked. Add water at little bits of a time if needed throughout cooking. Last time i made this it was really good. And my partner liked it too and he's fussy posted by casper111

Mince Chow mein
Melt 2 T butter in a large pan and brown 500g mince & 1 chopped onion. Add 4 C water, 2 t salt & 2-4 C mixed veges (eg celery, cabbage, cauli, beans, carrots, peppers, broccoli, corn) Simmer for 5 mins and add thickening mixed together - 4 T flour, 1 T ea of sugar, Instant stock, Soya Sauce, 4 T Water. Cooked until thickened. Can be served with rice or noodles. This recipe freezes well. posted by kevpat