COFFEE WALNUT SLICE - HELP?

blackx, May 24, 1:40am
I have read the recipe for Coffee Walnut Slice, on TradeMeCooks, and in the ingredients it says 4t coffee. However, in the method, it says 2T coffee (use other 2T in icing).
MY QUESTION:
Is it t (as in teaspoons) OR is it T (as in tablespoons)?
AND is it coffee granules or is it liquid? (ie 4 t or T of already made coffee with boiling water). Many TIA

biglou, May 24, 1:50am
I don't have this recipe but the one I use is 2 tablespoons and I use whatever I have that is stronger ( usually granules or even fresh ground coffee ) anythings fine just not liquid. I find instant is not strong enough :)

kcak, May 24, 2:06am
Usually T or Tbsp is tablespoon & t or tsp is teaspoon. I have used coffee & chicory - in the bottle - for a coffee slice but don't know if this might be what your recipe calls for.

cookessentials, May 24, 2:15am
Capital T usually means tbsp and a little t for tsp.

Here is one from pam. delilah as well

# 4 Coffee & Walnut Slice

100g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 tablespoons double espresso (or make a small quantity of very strong coffee in a plunger)
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1½ cups brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
50g melted butter
1½ cups icing sugar

Preheat the oven to 160C. Beat the butter, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of the coffee, the golden syrup and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs and beat again. Fold in the flour with the baking powder and walnuts, then pour into a lined sponge roll tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.

To make the icing, beat the butter, icing sugar and remaining coffee together until creamy. Ice when the slice has cooled, sprinkling the top with additional chopped walnuts if desired. Chill before slicing. Makes around 24 pieces.

Quotepam. delilah (513 )3:04 pm, Wed 22 Jul #722

blackx, Jun 2, 2:41am
thank you everyone for your posts and also for the recipe, cookessentials.
Yip, I knew that T was tablespoon and t was teaspoon but confusingly the recipe had both and I needed to know which it was meant to be.
Unfortunately, the name of the person who posted the recipe on TMCooks, was not listed, so couldn't ask them.
Thanks again for prompt replies and helpful info.