Calling all mud cake makers

caro25, May 17, 6:59am
Hay i was just wondering if any body could help i am wanting to make a white choc mud cake.
do i just take out the cocoa add a little more four and use white choc also the recipe i have has whiskery (sp) in it, would that still be ok to put it in or should i use a white spirit like vodka

sikofstuf, May 17, 7:03am
Nooooooo! honestly- I have the best white choc/caramel mud cake recipe ever- just google it- comes up straight away! easy peasy- white choc, butter, brown sugar, golden syrup, milk, s/r flour, eggs- then I make a toffee/butterscotch sauce- it's soooo yum!

chevvette, May 17, 7:44am
hi sikofstuf. would you be able to post the recipe or the link to the recipe. thanks

sikofstuf, May 17, 7:53am
I dont know where i got it now- but it's white choc/caramel mud cake cupcakes- it's all over the net- I'll try and get time to post it all later :-)

pam.delilah, May 18, 4:05am
here is two white chocolate mud cakes

one

INGREDIENTS
250g margarine or butter
250g white chocolate
200ml water
1+1/2 cups castor sugar
1+3/4 cups plain flour
1 cup self raising flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

ICING
125g butter
125g white chocolate
3/4 cup icing sugar

METHOD
Pre heat oven to 150. C
Heat butter, sugar, chocolate and water in saucepan and stir over a low heat until combined.
Cool to room temp then add flours. mix eggs sour cream and vanilla together in a seperate bowl until smooth then add to mix.
Pour into a deep 20cm lined cake tin and bake for about 1 hour.
ICING: cream icing sugar and butter together and add melted chocolate

two

300g white chocolate (Cadbury Dream white chocolate)
220g butter
1 cup (250ml) milk
165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
36g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
145g (1 cup) plain flour

Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.

Melt chocolate, butter, milk and sugar together over low heat, stirring occasionally. When mixture is completely smooth remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.

Add vanilla and eggs and mix to combine. Add self-raising flour and stir to combine, then stir in plain flour and mix until batter is smooth.

Pour mixture into tin and bake for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours. When the cake is ready, a skewer or knife inserted into the centre of the cake should come out without any batter attached.

Cover cake and allow it to cool to room temperature in tin. When cake is cold, spread with white chocolate ganache. Store cake in refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.

Sour Cream and White Chocolate Ganache
250g white chocolate
110g sour cream

Melt white chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. When chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat and quickly stir in sour cream. When mixture is smooth, spread over cake.

sikofstuf, May 15, 1:57am
here's my white choc/caramel- to die for!
110gm white choc
125gm butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup golden syrup
2/3 cup milk, melt all together over low heat.
Add 1 cup flour,
1/3 cup sr flour
beat into mix, add 1 egg already lightly beaten.
bake 30 mins on 170c. enjoy!