Pumpkin Soup Recipe Please

migstar, May 15, 7:57am
I have been kindly given 3 large pumpkins - I would like to make some soup and then freeze.
If anyone has a super yummy recipe for pumpkin soup I would much appreciate it. Thanks.

watertank1, May 15, 8:12am
Roast Pumpkin Soup:
1. 5kg pumpkin
1 onion
1ltr chicken stock

Roast pumpkin in oven with oil drizzled over untill tender
In a large pan with a little oil and 20g butter cook choped up onion until tender. add cooked skined pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10mins. Cool. Put cooled mixture into food processer and puree until smooth. Return mixture to heat and surve. (My husband LOVES putting sour cream in the middle of his bowl of pumpkin soup and mixing it to eat! ! )This is really easy to make and my husband and son seem to enjoy it! !

jpmarketing, May 16, 4:14am
Cut and peel pumpkin put in pot or slow cooker add chopped onion , salt and pepper large tablespoon of chicken stock (maggie),
pinch of nutmeg (optional),
aboutcup and half of water cover and cook till pumpkin soft.
I also add a dash of sweet chillie sauce as i like bite to mine.
Whizz with a stick blender add fresh cream and serve.

nauru, May 16, 9:26am
This is a real easy recipe and very nice.

1/2 large pumpkin peeled & chopped, 2-3 carrots chopped, 1 large onion chopped, 1 stick celery chopped, 2-3 cloves garlic chopped, 2 teasp turmeric, 1 teasp gd cumin, 1/2 -1 teasp gd coriander, 1 teasp curry powder, 4 bay leaves, bouquet garni (optional), 1 ltr stock, salt & pepper, chopped fresh coriander and parsley, oil, 1 cup milk & cream mixed.

Fry onion & garlic in a little oil, add spices and stir fry. Add pumpkin, carrot, celery and mix together. Add stock & herbs and stir, bring to boil then turn heat to simmer & cook until veges are soft. Remove herbs and blend soup until smooth. Return to pan, add fresh herbs and milk mixture and season to taste, stir until combined. If soup is thinner than you like, thicken with either a little cornflour or potato starch, if too thick thin with a little more milk.

theanimal1, May 8, 4:47pm
Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients 1oz (30g) butter 2lb (1kg) Pumpkin – peeled and cut into inch square pieces 1 medium onion 2 cloves stuck into the onion 2 tspn sugar salt to taste – pinch 2½ cup Chicken Stock 1 cup Milk Method 1. Place butter and pumpkin in crock pot and put onto high. When butter has melted, stir to coat pumpkin and cook for 1 hour on high. (If in hurry, just wait for butter to melt, stir and go to step 2 ignore the hour cooking – still turns out great just slightly less intense flavour). 2. Add onion, sugar, salt and stock. Cover and cook for 8-9 hours on Low OR 4-5 hours on High. 3. When ready to serve, remove the onion. 4. Puree soup in a blender or use a hand held device. 5. Add milk, to achieve correct consistency. (DO NOT add milk if intending on freezing – just freeze as is. Can add milk when thawed). 6. Serve with a sprinkling of Nutmeg and a dollop of sour cream