Alison holst cheese puffs please

todd.magoo, May 14, 8:49pm
Please can someone help me with this recipe. Im away and so want to make some today for lunch.
All i can remember is that they have spring onion and ham and ofcourse cheese.
Om sure they were called cheesy puffs or something. Im not even sure what book it was in, but it looks like one of her olde books
Thanks for your help

cookessentials, May 14, 9:04pm
Not Alison Holsts, but these may suffice
* 1 cup flour
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 cups grated cheese
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup milk

Method

Preheat oven to 200 C
Mix all ingredients and place spoonfuls in greased patty tins or on a tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.

cookessentials, May 14, 9:06pm
Cheese puffs

2 eggs, size 7
¾ cup standard milk
¾ cup plain yoghurt,
260g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
90g Parmesan cheese, grated

Lightly spray with oil or brush with melted butter 12 large muffin pans (100ml).

Beat eggs, milk and yoghurt together.

Into a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cayenne pepper and stir in the cheese, using a fork to mix the cheese through the dry ingredients.

Add the beaten eggs, milk and yoghurt mixture to the dry ingredients in the bowl and stir just to blend. Do not overmix or beat. The mixture will be quite moist and lumpy.

Fill the prepared muffin pans about three-quarters full.

Bake at 180degC for about 20 minutes until puffed and golden and remove from the oven.

Stand muffins in tins for 1215 minutes. As the puffs cool the cheese becomes less sticky and they will turn out more easily if not too hot.

Run a knife around the edges of each puff and turn out on to a wire rack to cool.

Makes 12 large cheese puffs.

Serve split and buttered if you wish.

If making tiny puffs this mixture fills about 24 tiny muffin tins plus 3 large ones.

todd.magoo, May 14, 9:08pm
Thanks but thats not thr recipe im after. mabye they werent called puffs.
they definitely had ham, spring onions, cheese , egg, flour, baking powder, All i can see is the ingrdients on the table.
Thanks for being so helpful. mite txt riend and see is she knows the 'proper' name.

kclu, May 15, 4:15am
If so how about posting the reipe please? Sounds useful.

cookessentials, May 7, 6:48pm
Wonder if you could add those items to the basic recipe above?