Cupcake baking cups - spotlight

kiwipippa, May 12, 4:41am
I bought some Robert Gordon cupcake paper cups. But I'm not sure how to use them! They don't fit inside a standard sized muffin tin as they are slightly higher and "straighter". I'm not even sure you are supposed to bake directly in them. They are paper - but does this mean they are oven safe? Here's a link to the product, although I got mine at Spotlight
http://www.pinkfrosting.com. au/shop/item/red-stars-patty-cup
-cake-cups-pack-of-50

Also, last time I used fancy patty cases (not these ones) the butter in the mix soaked into the cases and they lost their lovely brightness. How do I avoid this next time?

Thanks for your help

cookessentials, May 12, 5:10am
They are self supporting, so you dont need to put them into baking trays ( muffin trays) just put them on your oven baking tray 9 the one you would use for biscuits) As they are not a waxed paper, the fat from the butter will run through them. Many of our customers pop a cooked one inside another paper for presentation if they really want to present them as they look in the photo. Yes, you can use them in the oven

cookessentials, May 12, 5:11am
They also do various colours with spots, carnival, red and blue ginham "Liberty" floral, red superstar hearts etc. (thats RG, not Spotlight)

kiwipippa, May 12, 8:14am
Thanks cookessentials. Good idea about putting them inside another one when they are cooked. That will make them look great. I really like the cases - a bit different from the standard waffle ones you normally get

chicco2, May 12, 11:56pm
The pic on my profile shows some Robert Gordon ones. I baked the cupcakes in plain white papers, decorated them with a swirl of royal icing and a hand made rosebud, then dropped them into the fancy papers. They looked great.

cookessentials, May 13, 12:10am
They look beautiful chicco2 - the pattern you have there is "Liberty" blue it is such a popular one too. Do you know that they do the matching cake plates, teapots and other items in that pattern?

chicco2, Apr 25, 6:57pm
Thanks, yes I have seen a few of the delightful china bits that come in that pattern. They are gorgeous.