Mini lemon tarts. Could I substitute the lemon

crazynana, Jan 5, 8:33am
You could also stir some through marscapone and fill your tart cases. I do this with lemon curd too. A little whipped cream piped on top is nice. They looke very professional and I am all for quick easy and impressive.

clair4, Dec 8, 4:08am
for rhubarb as I have an abundance in the garden
Many thanks for looking

davidt4, Dec 8, 4:26am
What is the recipe?

clair4, Dec 8, 5:05am
I don't have a recipe, I was just going to cook up some rhubarb and fill the cases instead of the lemon honey.

wheelz, Dec 8, 6:02am
Stewed rhubarb on its own is quite wet. might leave you with a soggy mush.
I have made butterscotch rhubarb tart that you might be able to do in small tarts. Although it's done with raw pastry not already cooked shells.

nauru, Dec 8, 6:09am
I always cook rhubarb and add frozen raspberries to it to use as a topping for my yoghurt. I have used it slightly thickened with a little cornflour and cooled for tarts and it worked fine.

davidt4, Dec 8, 6:27am
You could make some rhubarb curd and that would work. Plain stewed rhubarb would be too wet.

clair4, Dec 8, 7:15am
Thanks davidt4. Would you have a recipe for the curd as that sounds nice.
Thanks for replying

davidt4, Dec 8, 7:30am
I do, but I'm at the wrong device tonight. I can post it for you tomorrow if nobody else has.

davidt4, Dec 8, 9:01pm
Here you are. This works for most sour fruits.

Fruit Curd

675 g fresh rhubarb/apricots/raspberries/t-
amarillos etc
150 ml lemon juice
4 free-range eggs
450 g sugar
120 g unsalted butter

1. Cook the fruit in a pan with just enough water to prevent the mixture from burning. When soft, push through a strainer into a medium-sized mixing bowl, pressing down on the fruit with a wooden spoon. Throw away any skins and seeds left in the strainer.

2. Beat the eggs lightly and pour into a small saucepan with the sugar, fruit puree, lemon juice, sugar and butter.

3. Cook the mixture over low-medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.

4. Remove from the heat and cool. 
Refrigerate.

clair4, Dec 8, 10:44pm
Thanks davidt4. Will make this sometime this week. Hope it keeps until xmAs day in the fridge. Sounds yummy.

clair4, Jan 15, 6:48pm
davidt I made this recipe and filled smalll tarts for christmas day and they went down a treat. I am going to make some more tomorrow. Thanks for the delicious recipe.