Easy Chocolate mousse recipe

chesty1, Dec 13, 6:47pm
Hi - my grandchildren want me to make choc mousse for xmas dinner. Help with an easy recipe please.

valentino, Dec 13, 7:02pm
From the old TMC website where the older recipes from this MSB was saved.

an easy mousse recipe
adapted from cadbury's website 125 g cream cheese, (Lite Philadelphia Cream Cheese has fractionally fewer carbs) ½ cup sugar , 1 egg , 250 g Chocolate, 600 ml thickened cream, lightly whipped. Beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg together until smooth.Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave. Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and stir through until well combined. Stir in the cream, again stirring until well combined. Chill until required.Pipe or spoon into glass bowls, chocolate cups or use as a filling for desserts

Chocolate mousse
85g/3oz plain chocolate, 1 egg yolk, 2 egg whites, drizzle of cream, to serve, cocoa powder, to dust. Method Place the chocolate into a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt. Remove from the heat and whisk in the egg yolk. In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Spoon the chocolate mixture into two espresso cups and refrigerate until required. When serving, drizzle with cream and dust with cocoa powder both posted by pam.delilah

White Russian Mousse:
180gm good quality white choc chopped, 2 T kahlua, 2 T vanilla flavoured vodka, 2 eggs separated, 1c cream 1/4c caster sugar. Melt choc, tia maria & vodka in heat proof bowl over simmering water till choc melts and mix is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 mins. Add egg yolks and stir with metal spoon till well combined. In separate bowl, beat egg whites and gradually add in sugar till soft peak stage. Beat cream in another bowl till soft peak stage. Alternately fold whites and cream into choc mix until just combined. Pour in 4 serving dishes. Decorate with thick white choc curls and a wafer stick. posted by rkcroft

This is our absolute favourite. and very easy
Break into squares 125gms chocolate (we use Dairy Milk) and place in a microwave proof bowl with 25 gms butter. Zap just till butter is melted. The chocolate will have melted too and will still look like squares. Stir till blended. Add 2 egg yolks and 1/2 tsp vanilla and stir well and set aside while you whisk the 2 egg whites till stiff. Fold through the chocolate mix, pour into pretty dishes or a bowl - and you're done! When I had extra people here for dinner one night, I added a third egg with success. It would probably be nice made with caramello chocolate, or any kind you fancy, for a change. Hope this helps.
posted by juliewn

valentino, Dec 13, 7:03pm
And some more.

Large block of chocolate, 4 eggs, a little cream. Melt the chocolate, separate the eggs, mix the yolks in with the chocolate, whip the egg whites and fold into the chocolate mix. Add a little cream and put into nice serving glasses and chill in the fridge. This is really rich and my hubby who loves the stuff can only eat a little. Enjoy
posted by ddob

Chocolate Mousse
Whip the cream with a small amount of icing sugar. Then add one egg, a knob of melted butter & as much cocoa as u like depending on how dark u want it. Then mix well & decorate with strawberries or whatever u prefer. Refrigerate until really to serve. Hope u enjoy it as much as i do!
Posted by tarnz67

Tararua (I think)
Have mousse in a 500g tub in the cold section of the supermarket. You just need to whip it up and then let it set and serve. Really yummy but it is cheating I guess. Posted by ams7

This dessert blew
everyone away when I did it. Buy 3 tubs of Tararua dessert mousse - 2 choc, one white choc. Make up one of the choc ones but add several large tablespoons of cocoa. That makes it dark. Set in bowl for 2 hrs. Then layer on top the white choc one made up, set that one and lastly do the final choc one as is (ie no cocoa added) You end up with a huge bowl of 3 layers of choc mousse - dark, white and milk. It looks and tastes spectacular and everyone thinks you are an amazing cook! Ok it's a wee bit expensive but hey - it gives you spare time at Xmas as only takes 5 mins to make up each mousse
Posted by dabo

Frozen Mars Bar Mousse
Posted this yonks ago and everyone loves it, its nice to make in advance for Christmas Dinner desert, very rich.
3 Mars bars (ord size), chopped, 1 tbsp dry instant coffee, 2tbsp boiling water, 2 eggs, separated. 300ml thickened cream (I use ordinary). Grease 6 (180ml capacity) freezerproof moulds (like Tupperware sundae containers or tumblers). Pop in freezer to chill. Place the Mars bars in a large bowl over a pot of simmering water, stir till melted. Stir in combined coffee and water, cool. Stir egg yolks into choc mixture, fold in whipped cream. Beat egg whites in small bowl till soft peaks form, add sugar, beat till dissolved. Fold egg mixture into choc mixture, spoon into prepared moulds, cover and freeze till firm.
Posted by stormbaby

valentino, Dec 13, 7:06pm
Now this is different but the ultimate Choc Dessert.

Chocolate Sorbet
(Got to have a Treat once in a Blue Moon)

150g Dark and 115g Milk Chocolate Chopped or broken into pieces
1 cup (slightly heaped) Castor Sugar
1 3/4 Cups water
Choc curls or pieces of flake to
decorate top.

Choc into processor and
process until fine.
Sugar and water into small saucepan,
heat to dissolve sugar then allow to boil
for a couple of minutes then cool a little.
Mix sugar syrup with chocolate until choc is fully melted.
Chill in fridge or freezer but do not allow to set but still stir-able.
Put into a mixing bowl and beat (or whisk) until mixture is very smooth.
Scrape all of mixture into a container with lid and freeze.

When serving, put some choc curls or flake on top as a decoration.

And another top one. alternative, OT but need to share.

Molten Chocolate Pots

This dessert key is to use chocolate 70%, cooking time will vary to size of ramekins.

180g butter plus extra for greasing
About 3 tbsp dark cocoa to coat ramekins
270g 70% chocolate roughly chopped
3 eggs
3 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
18 – 24 fresh or frozen raspberries or
blueberries or any berries

To garnish (optional)
Cocoa to dust
Pouring cream
Extra berries

Preheat oven 210c
Butter inside six – one cup ramekins and
lightly coat with cocoa, tapping out excess.
Set on baking tray.

Melt butter in saucepan, add choc, stir for 30 seconds then remove from heat.

Place eggs, egg yolks and sugar in mixer and beat until thickened, pale and ribbony, 5 minutes.

Whisk choc until smooth.
Quickly fold into egg mixture along with flour.
Spoon into prepared ramekins, then drop 3-4 berries into each and press gently to cover.

Bake until sides are firm but centres are soft (about 12 minutes).
To test, insert skewer into the centre – the bottom half of skewer should come out covered with liquid mixture.
Remove from oven, allow to cool for 3 minutes then turned out onto plates, if left in ramekins will continue cooking.
Allow to stand for 10 minutes when on plates, then dust with cocoa if using and serve immediately with cream and extra berries, if using.

chesty1, Dec 13, 11:11pm
WOW - thanks valentino - I will certainly find one out of the above.

niixs, Dec 14, 12:31am
Here is my quick and easy chocolate mousse recipe.
whip 300mls of cream
melt (i use microwave) 1 large block of energy chocolate (or dairy milk is ok you prefer)
once chocolate has cooled slightly beat in 2 whole eggs, one at a time
gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mix and refrigerate till set
Very delish, nice served with fresh fruit.

carter19, Dec 14, 5:40am
I have the easiest, melt a kingsize bar of caramello, cool it, whip a 300ml of cream, mix and chill. Perfect every time.

forucci, Dec 14, 8:18am
1 packet of chocolate instant pudding. Use 3/4 cream and 1/4 milk instead of all milk the texture is great and everyone thinks you're wonderful.

libra29, Dec 17, 6:46am
I just tried making a chocolate mousse, what a flaming disaster! I melted the chocolate in the microwave, cooled it, it all went pear shape when I mixed in the egg yolks, I ended up with a big globby mess, so thought I would use the electric beater which resulted in the globby mess all over the beaters. I tipped it into the whipped cream and beat it till the globby chocolate came off!, then beat the egg whites and folded it in, I know its a mess but I have the lumpy rubbish setting. Don't think I'll take it to our family christmas get together tomorrow lol

malcovy, Dec 17, 7:46am
It sounds like the chocolate was too hot and it has seized. Next time heat it for a shorter time. Also do not use eggs straight out of the fridge, make sure they are at room temperature.

libra29, Dec 17, 8:10am
I felt sure I had cooled the chocolate but maybe not enough, the eggs were room temperature, I melted the chocolate in the microwave

leeran, Dec 18, 11:12am
Here's a real easy one.
Annabel Langbein’s Chocolate Mousse

• 200g dark chocolate (I use Whittaker's 72% Cocoa Dark Ghana), chopped
• 2 cups (500ml) cream
• 1 cup (100g) chopped marshmallows
Heat chocolate, half the cream and the marshmallows in a dry, heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Beat remaining cream to soft peaks and fold through chocolate mixture. Pour into glasses or bowls and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.

valentino, Dec 20, 1:55am
Chesty 1, another one to try different from a Mousse but far nicer and great with the older kids like myself, LOL.

Chocolate Sorbet
(Got to have a Treat once in a Blue Moon)

150g Dark and 115g Milk Chocolate Chopped or broken into pieces
1 cup (slightly heaped) Castor Sugar
1 3/4 Cups water
Choc curls or pieces of flake to
decorate top.

Choc into processor and
process until fine.
Sugar and water into small saucepan,
heat to dissolve sugar then allow to boil
for a couple of minutes then cool a little.
Mix sugar syrup with chocolate until choc is fully melted.
Chill in fridge or freezer but do not allow to set but still stir-able.
Put into a mixing bowl and beat (or whisk) until mixture is very smooth.
Scrape all of mixture into a container with lid and freeze.

When serving, put some choc curls or flake on top as a decoration.

mutley83, Nov 17, 6:57pm
thank you for these - must try them