Using up greek yoghurt

arizonakiwi, May 11, 9:02am
I have a lge tub of greek yoghurt I am wanting to use up. Any baking ideas would be appreciated. (I don't have any lemons so I can't make a yummy lemon yoghurt cake)

fifie, May 11, 9:10am
Make a slice with berries in it, and serve pieces with yoghurt on top. Very Nice.

245sam, May 11, 9:17am
arizonakiwi, how about making muffins? - of any kind - just use the yoghurt instead of the milk quantity in your favourite muffin recipe(s) BUT unless the yoghurt is very runny/thin (which Greek yoghurt isn't) if the recipe states e. g. 1 cup milk then I find that I need 1 cup yoghurt+about ¼ cup milk to get the same consistency as if using milk only.

Hope that helps. :-))

arizonakiwi, May 11, 9:22am
Thanks 245sam - great idea. next challenge is to get motivated tonight and make a batch of cinnamon and apple muffins to take to work tomorrow morning.

245sam, May 11, 9:26am
you're welcome arizonakiwi - I wish I was one of your workmates because I'd gladly line up for a cinnamon and apple muffin - yum! !
:-))

arizonakiwi, May 11, 9:33am
245sam... I decided it is time to get back into the kitchen and be a bit more domesticated... . it is so easy not to cook or bake any more... Homemade bean salad for lunch today (very yummy) and chicken in the crock pot for dinner tonight, fresh muffins for tomorrow morning - my husband is going to begin to wonder what is wrong with me.

245sam, May 11, 9:38am
Well done - keep up the good work, arizonakiwi. I'm sure you're DH won't complain about all the good homemade meals and baking, and you're obviously enjoying them yourself too, so good on you. :-))

harrislucinda, May 11, 10:01am
you canputitinacheeseclothto drain theliquidoffandnextdayyouhavecreamchessetoaddchivesetc

arizonakiwi, May 11, 10:56am
Harrislucinda - thanks for the suggestion - I might give that a go tomorrow.

The muffins turned out great - thanks for the suggestion 245sam

eljayv, May 11, 9:07pm
layer thinly sliced potato and kumara in an oven proof bowl and cover with a cup of pasta sauce, then a layer of grated cheese. Mix a cup of greek yoghurt with one egg and spread on top and bake at 180 for about 40 mins or till top is set.

charlieb2, Apr 21, 7:09pm
This is beautiful and a firm favourite in my family since I made it the first time:

The worlds best Coffee Cake…. YUMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2/3 cup canola or rice bran oil
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup yoghurt, plain unsweetened
2 eggs
1 tbsp instant coffee mixed with 1 tbsp boiling water
1 cup walnut pieces
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
Extra 1/3 cup walnut halves, to decorate
COFFEE ICING
75g butter, softened
1 2/3 cups icing sugar, sifted
1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water
1. Heat oven to 160°C fan bake. Grease well a 22cm bundt or ring cake tin.
2. Place oil, sugar, yoghurt, eggs and coffee mixture in a bowl. Beat to combine. Fold in the walnuts and sifted flour until just combined.
3. Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in tin, then turn out.
4. Spread top with coffee icing. To make the icing, place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.