You are Scambling Eggs Wrong.

Page 2 / 2
valentino, Mar 27, 4:40am
Oh, and another way though it has been noted above with a dob of butter but when I do a Japanese Spinach salad - it has egg strips with strips of Nori Seaweed in it and that is by mixing 3 or 4 eggs together adding a large spoonful of water and the nori strips into a fry pan with a little olive oil and cook it then break it up like scramble eggs to some.

For Fried Rice I do similar but with peanut oil and without the nori.

In a potato/vege/meats/etc fry up, I use dobs of butter in place of oil and once well browned (slightly nice golden brown burn) add a couple of eggs and swirl a knife blade or a fish slicer through it all.

Then there are Omelettes, hmmm leave this alone for now.

awoftam, Mar 27, 5:21am
Parsi scrambled eggs are my absolute fav and are just stunning. This is very similar to the recipe I use. Very good to feed a crowd (or one) the morning after a big event; or when you just want a rev up to start the day.

http://www.food.com/recipe/akoori-scrambled-eggs-parsi-82546

socram, Mar 27, 10:23am
Nope! From memory about 20 staff for breakfast, about the same, or maybe more for lunch and maybe 10 or so for those with a meal break before an evening shift. (Start time was 6:45am, breakfast break 8:15am to 9am but an evening duty went right through to 9pm or beyond, from an 8am start.) Also working a 12 or 13 day fortnight was normal.

beaker59, Mar 29, 7:58am
I remember asking a friend how she liked her eggs in the morning, we were on a date at the time.

Her answer. "Unf-
ertilized"

valentino, Mar 29, 8:20pm
I love it Beaker59.

Cheers

mango5, Mar 31, 7:08pm
I never add milk or butter. If its about the egg then leave the butter out. A reasonably hot pan to start with stops the eggs sticking anyway.

wendalls, Apr 3, 10:11pm
Thanks Socram. I am also a convert to your method and will pass it round!

pixiegirl, Apr 8, 12:10am
bumping up for scrambled egg lovers

lythande1, Apr 8, 1:27am
Oh really. Personal preference. I like milk in mine thanks.
And I find the best method is the microwave.
Shock, horror.

amasser, Apr 8, 3:03am
His opinion - and that's all it is. Only opinion. Only one. Perhaps he should call his dish Non-dairy Scrambled Eggs and leave others to make theirs the traditional way.
However, it's very easy to beat just eggs in a bowl and cook in a microwave oven for 1 minute. Alternative/Mock Scrambled Eggs?

rainrain1, Apr 8, 7:43am
My ones only eat them under sufferance

socram, Apr 8, 10:25am
Glad you like it!

When I first moved to NZ, one thing I really missed was the Lurpak butter.

My first ever job at 16 was as a grocer's assistant in an old fashioned grocer's shop (think Granville. ) and we used to buy the Lurpak in 1cwt wooden barrels and it was sold 'loose'. Humping those barrels off the truck, down into the cellar every week, then up again into the shop, would give today's H & S a real fit. I suppose I developed a liking for it a long, long time ago.

Once they started to sell it in NZ, I was as happy as Larry! However, Pak 'n' Save sell it $1 a pack cheaper than New World. We buy six packs at once and chuck them in the freezer. Oh, and my cholesterol is low.

strathview, Apr 9, 7:40am
Scrambled eggs can be made with or without milk but most chefs will use a dribble of cream. Season lightly with salt and pepper (white pepper is better) and whisk thoroughly. Scrambled eggs can be cooked in the microwave but do not overdo or cook over a gentle heat stirring until lightly cooked. Remove from heat before they finish cooking and add either a little butter or a tablespoon of cream. The heat of the pan will finish the cooking and the eggs will be perfect. If cooked too quickly or for too long the protein will toughen and/or separate .

crazynana, Apr 9, 8:58am
The correct way to make scrambled eggs is to put in what you like, cook them how you like and eat them with whatever you like. Just because a Chef says that you should do such and such is bollocks. If you follow a "proper" method and it doesn't taste how you would like it then surely that is not the correct way. Just my humble opinion which is probably not correct. lol

newtec1, Apr 14, 10:32pm
But it's not your humble opinion is it,you said his method was bollocks. BTW he was just passing on his method on how he likes them,not demanding how you cook them,he actually couldn't care less what you do.Cheers.

malcovy, Apr 16, 3:00am
Actually Newtec that is not correct, crazynana wrote 'a chef'.

buzzy110, Apr 16, 5:41am
I like this post.

marcs, Oct 2, 6:16pm
That is how I have always made it as I don't like the texture of added milk or cream (can't have cream as it makes me sick). You can easily overcook it so make sure you take it off heat while still mostly runny but half set. If it needs cooking more than let the heat in the pan cook it.