Does anyone have the friary lentil soup recipe?

chemgal, Jul 1, 4:04am
Does anyone have the friary lentil soup? It was on the Healthy food guide website but I can't find it anymore. I think it was from Sophie Gray.
Thanks!

lindylambchops1, Jul 2, 4:28am

eljayv, Jul 2, 5:04am
Looks good but I think that book “enjoy” is probably out of print now. Hope someone can help you out.

slimgym, Jul 2, 10:19am
have you got the recipe

neil_di, Jul 2, 6:44pm
Try your local library. they will have Sophie Gray books.

linette1, Jul 3, 2:30am
Not the recipe you are asking for but it looks very good, haven't tried it yet.

I will be replacing the lemongrass oil for lemon grass I have growing.
https://www.doterra.com/US/en/brochures-magazines-living-summer-2015-coconut-lemon-grass-red-lentil-soup

karlymouse, Jul 3, 5:06am
Its a soup. if you have the ingredient list not too tricky to work out how to make it surely.

lindylambchops1, Jul 4, 4:54am
I used Google was trying to help OP, but I could only find ingredient list! Sorry!

Karlymouse I agree with you!

chemgal, Jul 4, 9:12am
Unfortunately I'm not an intuitive cook so can't work out how much of stuff to add but I can follow a recipe

slimgym, Jul 4, 3:02pm
same. Is the recipe you are wanting hot as in spices, I have got a couple of those using chick peas. if that helps you

chemgal, Jul 7, 7:17am
Thanks for your help everyone!

I ended up having to go old school and get the book out of the library to get the recipe.

slimgym, Jul 7, 6:02pm
can you pop the recipe up sounds interesting

eljayv, Jul 7, 9:36pm
Quantities do make a difference to the final product and very often something is left out of the suggested list. Doing it by the book is good.

linette1, Jul 8, 3:18am
Love to have the recipe when you have time thanks.

245sam, Jul 8, 4:36am
Apologies, I have only just seen and read the post re this recipe, so here it is now.

Destitute Gourmet Sophie Gray’s FRIARY LENTIL SOUP
This rustic soup is thick and delicious, takes very little time and is very cheap. We often intend to include more pulses and whole grains in our daily diet but fail to do so – this dish has all the ingredients that we are supposed to eat more of, so give it a try.

Serves 4 as a main course with bread.

2 fat rashers good bacon, rind removed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 x 400 g can tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 pinch sugar
1 litre chicken stock
1 cup uncooked brown lentils
1 large sprig rosemary

Chop the bacon into small pieces. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the chopped vegetables, garlic and bacon pieces. Cook gently until the bacon is cooked and the vegetables are beginning to soften. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and pinch of sugar, and then mix in the stock. When the stock is simmering add the lentils and rosemary, and continue to cook for approximately 35-40 minutes, until the lentils are plump and tender, the vegetables soft and your mouth is watering.
Serve with a chunk of cheesy bread. :-))