Nigella's minestrone soup recipe please

amanda_simonp, May 28, 11:48pm
do you reckon I could do Minestrone soup nigella in the crock pot!

kiwitrish, May 29, 12:34am
I use that recipe.It a really good.

amanda_simonp, May 29, 5:12am
Have decided I will do this in crock pot tomorrow, next question is do you think I could add bacon!

kiwitrish, Jun 21, 12:21am
Hi, Does anyone have the recipe for Nigella's minestrone soup please.It is suppose to taste so yum?

ellie04, Jun 21, 9:12am
This is what I found on her nigella.com website for Minestrone soup.

•1 Onion finely chopped
•1 clove of Garlic crushed/finely chopped
•2 sticks Celery, finely sliced
•1 tbsp Olive Oil
•1 14oz tin chopped Tomatoes
•1 Bay Leaf
•1/2 tsp dried Oregano
•1 tsp dried Basil
•1/4 tsp dried Rosemary
•3oz Red Pepper, finely diced
•3oz Green Pepper, finely diced
•3oz Carrot, finely diced,
•3oz Courgette, finely diced
•1 1/2 pts Stock
•2 tbsp Tomato Puree
•1oz Spaghetti, snapped into 1cm lengths
•1 tsp Salt
•1 dessertspoon Soy Sauce
•Black Pepper
•Parsley to garnish

MethodServes: 4-6
1.Gently fry the onion, garlic and celery in the olive oil in a large pan for 10mins until soft.
2.Add the tomatoes, herbs, vegetables, stock and tomato puree. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 40mins.
3.Add the spaghetti, salt, soy sauce and pepper and simmer, uncovered for 15mins.
4.Sprinkle with parsley to serve.

ellie04, Jun 21, 9:14am
Nigella's Minestrone in Minutes
Ingredients:

1 14-oz can mixed beans (sometimes sold as mixed bean salad) or other canned beans
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup tomato-based pasta sauce of your choice
4 oz ditalini or other soup pasta
Instructions:

Drain the beans and put them into a saucepan with the hot stock and pasta sauce.
Bring the pan to a boil and then add the ditalini, cooking according to package instructions.
Once pasta is tender, switch off the heat, remove the pan to a cool surface, and let stand for 5- 10 minutes if you can bear to wait.The pasta swells in the soup, and everything just gets better.(Basically, once you've rounded everyone up and set the table, the soup is plump and delicious.)

kiwitrish, Jun 22, 12:21am
Hi, Does anyone have the recipe for Nigella's minestrone soup please.It is suppose to taste so yum!

Herer's minestrone soup nigella that I have:

Ingredients:

- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 3oz red pepper, finely diced
- 3oz green pepper, finely diced
- 3oz carrot, finely diced
- 3oz courgette, finely diced
- 1 1/2 pts (about 850ml) stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1oz spaghetti, snapped into 1cm lengths
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 dessertspoon soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Parsley to garnish

Instructions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and fry gently for about 10 minutes, until soft.
2. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, bay leaf, dried oregano, dried basil and dried rosemary to the pan. Mix well.
3. Add the finely diced red pepper, green pepper, carrot and courgette to the pan. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
4. Pour in the stock and stir again. Add the tomato puree and mix well.
5. Bring the soup to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the snapped spaghetti to the pan, along with the salt, soy sauce and black pepper. Stir well and continue to simmer, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until the spaghetti is cooked.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with parsley to serve.

ellie04, Jun 22, 9:14am
Nigella's Minestrone in Minutes
Ingredients:

1 14-oz can mixed beans (sometimes sold as mixed bean salad) or other canned beans
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup tomato-based pasta sauce of your choice
4 oz ditalini or other soup pasta
Instructions:

Drain the beans and put them into a saucepan with the hot stock and pasta sauce.
Bring the pan to a boil and then add the ditalini, cooking according to package instructions.
Once pasta is tender, switch off the heat, remove the pan to a cool surface, and let stand for 5- 10 minutes if you can bear to wait.The pasta swells in the soup, and everything just gets better.(Basically, once you've rounded everyone up and set the table, the soup is plump and delicious.)