Help - Meal Ideas (To Feed 7)

lisamarie3, Nov 17, 11:52pm
What can I cook when I get home from work. I have 5 in my family and now we have an extra 2 guests arriving to stay for a few nights. Big eaters 6 Males, 1 Female

nzpcltd, Nov 18, 12:24am
Umm I'd do steak one night (on the bbq even better) with either baked potatoes or new boiled potatoes and a green salad. very easy !

cgvl, Nov 18, 12:48am
Do you have a crockpot/slow cooker. I'd do a casserole served with rice and vegies. Chicken pieces in the oven. Lasagne with a salad. Basically what you do now but just add extra meat and vegies. A stand by in our house has always been a filling pudding when have had extra's.

sampa, Nov 18, 1:12am
Lisamarie is your main concern to minimise time and effort for meal prep and cooking or - and/or - cost of meals for six?

arielbooks, Nov 18, 1:47am
Lasagna or Moussaka in advance and reheat when needed. Roast Chicken cooked in a casserole dish with lid removed for last 15 to 20 minutes. Cooks in an hour, roast veg in pan along side. Makes for quick, moist roast with lots of nice juices for gravy.

lisamarie3, Nov 18, 2:30am
Thanks for all the help lovely people - they all sound effortless and not time consuming as I don't have a lot of time when I get home and having hungry teenagers and a 11yr old to feed is quite demanding. I think tonight we'll have chinese takeaways and the other nights the yummy dishes I have been given to make

lisamarie3, Nov 18, 2:31am
Sounds very easy thank you

lisamarie3, Nov 18, 2:33am
Thank you easy peasy - That will be a great idea

awoftam, Nov 18, 7:54am
Rub a free range chook with salt, lemon, rosemary, garlic, maybe some chili , plenty of good virgin olive oil and anything else you like. Roast. Boil pasta. When chicken is cooked rip it to bits (you may need a new pair of oven gloves as it will be incredibly hot), throw into the pasta, pour in the pan juices and as much chopped coriander as you like. Toss together. Serve with crusty bread. Bellissima!

awoftam, Nov 18, 7:55am
If its feeding 6 males you may need 2 chooks.

ruby19, Nov 18, 7:36pm
Our homemade kfc, roast chicken's, coleslaw mash and gravy and bread rolls.Buy or cook chicken i make my on coleslaw as I find it only takes 5 min, mash if being lazy buy frozen stuff, and nice ciabatta bread rolls - gravy optional.
Some of the curry pastes are great these days Asian gourmet are always good, whip up a couple of curries and rice and buy some frozen naan.

lisamarie3, Nov 18, 11:38pm
Thats a great idea - love it

lisamarie3, Jun 17, 2:17am
Sounds just perfect, thank you