Wanting your Favourite Steam Pudding Recipe

spunkeymonkey, Dec 21, 7:34pm
I would like a mixture of steam pudding recipes to make for christmas day please

rarogal, Dec 21, 8:12pm
Mines not a traditional Xmas Pudding, it has only currants and sultanas in it as my family have never liked all the other fruit. I've made it for 42 years and always a hit. The last 3 years I've made it in the crockpot, which has created a much more moist pudding.

rarogal, Dec 21, 8:14pm
Oops I forgot the recipe, lol!
Overnight Pudding
2 c flour
1 c sugar
1 cup currants
1 cup sultanas
50g lemon peel ( I use finely zested lemon peel)
1 teaspoon mixed spice
2 teaspoons bicarb soda disolved in 1 cup cold water
1 teaspoon butter disolved in 1 cup hot water

mix the 2 cups of liquid together, and pour over the preparedd fruit and dry ingredients. Stir well and stand overnight. In the morning mix well again. Tie in a cloth and boil for three hours. This can be made in a greased basin and steamed if preferred

Notes: I've never used a cloth for this so a tin is fine. If you haven't got a steam pudding tin use a plain stainless steel bowl, well buttered and floured. It's important that no steam gets into the pudding. I used grease proof paper to cover, tied round the top tightly with string. Make a pleat in the paper for expansion. I also put a plastic food cover, you know the elasticised ones? Over the paper so steam didn't drip onto paper. Turn your crockpot on high, place a trivet, or upturned saucer in the bottom of crockpot and fill with boiling water till it comes halfway up the sides of the pudding bowl. I cooked mine on high for about 6hours. Very easy pudding to make.

cgvl, Mar 16, 4:10pm
3/4 hour steamed pudding out of the Edmonds cookbook. I think there is a longer one with fruit in it that my mum used but can not remember its name.
Oh the 3/4 hour one she used either jam in bottom, spices or mixed fruit depending on what it was for.