Toffee Apples?

anne1955, Oct 4, 8:33am
:) I have for the first time just tried (not tried) to make toffee apples I have never made toffee so guess this doesn't help :) Followed instructions (lol) when it came to the fact I could see toffee sticking to my pot, and it said not to stir! Now I have two apples that will sugar rush a 'non living person back to life' and a pot likely to take the next 6mths to clean.

I want to make toffee apples I don't want a repeat of what I have HELP please.

asue, Oct 4, 8:39am
Sorry Anne what's actually your question? Sounds like you did ok. Its a case of watching as soon as the toffee is ready(not a minute before or after) and quickly move with your apples all ready to coat. I also do the cold water test - a drop of toffee in the cup of cold water and its ready when it snaps. Once you have done this a few times you will get the hang of it. I throw the pot outside after and fill with the garden hose and leave to soak for a few days.

ange164, Oct 5, 6:04am
I can't help with the toffee making endevour sorry, (I can't even make fudge) but I can say that I have previously cleaned bad pots with oven cleaner and a goldilocks pot scrub - several repeat applications.

pomsnz, Sep 15, 12:42am
easiest way to clean pot is keep kettle boiled. pour boiled water over the toffee in the pot and it comes off with a tiny bit of scrubbing with brush. easy peasy. So i found out when son made some for a market day