Soupmaker! Soup lovers you will like this

Page 1 / 2
gilligee, Nov 6, 3:46am
Another gadget.
What's wrong with a saucepan and quick whizz at the end.

katje, Nov 6, 7:18am
Nothing but I just loved the simplicity. I think of most gadgets this one is one that actually is worth having

calista, Nov 6, 8:02am
I saw one at the Warehouse yesterday, but I decided I has enough gadgets already. But thanks for posting I wondered about the soup they made.

katje, Nov 6, 8:38am
One reason I loved this gadjet is because my mother dumps every vegetable she doesnt want and every food scrap and leftover she has into it and whatever comes out (add stock and milk and seasonings) is just amazing!

mumstu, Nov 7, 3:43am
Yum, my 19 year old LOVES soup and he is being a pain in the butt to get to make it in his flat at uni. might invest in one of these for him for Christmas.

tippsey, Nov 7, 4:19am
Katje. Could you tell me please. How much Soup does it make at a time? I used to have a SoupMate Pro. but I used it so darn much the element burnt out. That made 4 servings. so I want something that will make about the same amount. Certainly seems cheaper.

katje, Nov 7, 9:34pm
It depends what a serving size is for you but I would say 4 servings is about what it makes. You can make chunky or smooth. I prefer the smooth option myself.

katje, Nov 7, 9:35pm
he might eat better too. i cant get my guy to eat the swedes, turnips or broad beans Im growing or the beets so I made soups out of them and he loved it. Just needed to add seasonings and some meat

katje, Nov 15, 5:43am
Yay I got one myself today. I made awesome tomato and basil soup and served with toasted cheese sandwiches. Here is a demo vid on utube fromt he company of how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5-CVGqnlic

wetwillie1, Nov 15, 10:48am
It doesn't make enough only enough for one men's serving

eljayv, Nov 15, 8:21pm
You are doing such a great job promoting these I wondered if you should be or are employed by this company

sampa, Nov 15, 10:18pm
Katje, I have an Avancer model and love it. Often while it's busy doing its thing cooking away I'll make a batch of scones or some beer bread or similar to go with the soup. When summer finally arrives (someone tell me it really is going to - please!) I'm going to experiment with smoothies and something of a more grown-up nature involving crushed ice AKA sundowners. ;-) I'm also going to try salsa recipes to use up my husbands obsessive growing of tomatoes and chillies. maybe I'll even preserve some for the cooler months.

Anyway - another fan, one of my fav gadgets in a household that could probably open a 'Kitchen Gadget Meseum' and not ashamed to admit it. :) Have fun!

eljayv, Nov 16, 12:05am
The Avancer and Sheffield look identical are they made by same manufacturer?

sampa, Nov 16, 10:07am
The Avancer model is not currently for sale on TM to the best of my knowledge and does not resemble the Sheffield soup blender in looks. As to the rest. no idea but happy soup making.

eljayv, Nov 16, 10:50pm
Sorry, I googled Avancer soup maker and the aust product review site came up with a picture that looks identical to the Sheffield.

sampa, Nov 16, 11:44pm
It's got to do with the name I think. sometimes called a soup maker, other times a hot and cold blender. This is a picture of the one I bought.

http://blog.avancer.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IMG_2894-1024x682.jpg

katje, Nov 17, 1:05am
Lol no I just love it. Ive used it about 20 times and just so blown over by it I love to share a good thing

katje, Nov 17, 1:07am
Never heard of advancer. Ive never been interested in the "soup makers" that look like blenders. Never even thought about them just thought people were rebranding a normal blender in a silly way. Whether you love advancer or sheffield I definitely recommend these ;)

angel361, Nov 17, 1:10am
katje could you please post your recipie for tomato and basil soup? thanks

katje, Nov 17, 1:30am
Ok Ive tried it twice. I poured in some beef stock and a bit of milk or cream. Then I dumped in some italian parsley (coriander also works) some basil (dried or fresh) some garlic, some other italian herbs and half an onion. I put in as many whole tomatoes and it would take it up to max. I made sure they were covered by liquid so Id add a bit more stock if I needed. I also put in a spoon of tomato paste and some sprinkled parmesan cheese. Put it on smooth and out came very creamy soup in 25 mins. Its not very sweet but it tastes great. I grilled cheese sandwiches and ate them with it it was awesome

thewomble1, Nov 19, 12:05pm
No burnt saucepan.
Turn soupmaker on and then you can do something else . watch TV . etc. and not worry about boiling over, burning. When soup cooked keeps the soup warm for an hour. Uses less electricity than the stove .

thewomble1, Nov 19, 12:09pm
My TEFAL SOUP & CO makes 1.8 litres which is plenty for 4 people. Got mine from Noel Leeming.

katje, Nov 26, 12:41am
I just made some apricot sauce in this thing. I love apricot sauce but I hate the idea of whats in the store bought stuff, even though it tastes awesome. I love to make apricot chicken. So I took 2 jars of apricots, 2 onions, a capsicum and a little stock and milk and soy sauce and put it on smooth. Out came some amazing apricot sauce. More than you can use for one meal too! I'll have to freeze most of it. But I fried some chicken pieces in a frying pan in sesame oil and then added some of this sauce with peas and capsicums and its just as good as the store brought stuff, plus enought o freeze for 2 more meals

uli, Nov 26, 3:48am
bump for soup

wendalls, Nov 27, 8:04am
I think to avoid another gadget I'd be better to use my slow cooker on high and then 5 mins of stick blender.