Soupmaker! Soup lovers you will like this

Page 2 / 2
katalin2, Nov 27, 8:40am
I was very sceptical when friends raved about it- but ended up getting a Sheffield from Noel Leemings for $80 on special and used it heaps on busy nights in winter when I had leftovers and dying veg in the fridge to use up. Normally I use my 6 litre slow cooker to make bulk soup, but the soupmaker is so quick and as Katje says, you get a really thick soup very quickly while you are doing other things.

sampa, Nov 27, 7:01pm
Don't be such a party pooper wendalls. Think of it as a shoe fetish of the kitchen type. and I'm quite happy not to be cured. ;-)

One of my favourite kitchen gadgets and, if all else fails, I'll just call it a blender which most households can lay claim to these days. Just with the added advantage of being able to heat and cook.

uli, Nov 27, 8:51pm
Sort of a beginners thermomix :)

sampa, Nov 27, 9:08pm
Exactly uli. Just minus the $2370 price tag.

katalin2, Nov 28, 7:16am
Exactly! I don't have a separate blender only food processor and a small bullet type one, so having a blender that heats and cooks for $80 has to be a good deal! With the idea of one in and one out I have listed my electric knife that hasn't been used for years.

uli, Nov 28, 7:50am
Is it THAT expensive now?
Last time i checked it it was about 1500 dollars. Maybe that was an older model?

sampa, Nov 28, 8:21am
https://www.thermomix.co.nz/how-to-purchase/price/

but wait. you can pay for it in just 3 easy installments.

Thanks, I'll take two. ;-)

finlight, Nov 28, 9:26am
thanks 2 christmas presies sorted x

uli, Nov 29, 5:06am
I know it makes wonderful sauces - including non-curdling hollandaise.
But at that price?

mothergoose_nz, Nov 30, 10:10am
loved my soupmaker but chucked everything out and bought a thermomix when I moved into a tiny flat. they are all fantastic gadgets.

norse_westie, Dec 8, 7:52pm
My 12 year old is currently gluten and dairy free while we sort out his health problems. This poses an issue for his after school hunger. He whips up a lovely veggie soup for himself in our soup maker and scoffs pretty much most of it - allowing a small bowl for his younger brother. Easy, cheap, very healthy and he loves doing it himself. I hadn't used it since winter but its become his best friend.

FTR it also makes divine hot chocolate (but not for the dairy free one).

illusion_, Dec 9, 8:14pm
hmmmmmm

so the bottom bit is like a pot . yup . already got one of those

and th top bit is like a stick mixer . . yup . already got one of those too

more crap gadgetry then

sampa, Dec 9, 9:07pm
That's fantastic norse westie, certainly wouldn't want to let most 12 year olds loose with a stick blender, imagine where that could lead - floor, ceiling, walls, younger sibling, himself - all liberally coated with the fruits (veggies) of his labour, souped up even but not in a good way. ;-)

katalin2, Dec 10, 1:03am
maybe, maybe not. chuck in veg, any leftovers, seasoning, water, switch on, sit down with a cup of tea or something stronger and a book/magazine, 20 minutes later serve thick yummy soup and bread. sure can't beat it after an exhausting day at work.

illusion_, Dec 10, 8:07pm
chuck into your pot, veg, any leftovers, seasoning, water, switch on, sit down with a cup of tea or something stronger and a book/magazine, 20 minutes later blitz with your stick mixer, serve thick yummy soup and bread

ok . I see the amazing difference

sampa, Dec 10, 9:14pm
Absolutely not. I'm sure Katalin and I both have impeccable taste and only purchase gadgetry of the finest quality.

PS - I have a large fork too and sometimes in winter enjoy toasting a slice of bread over the fire but most often I find it convenient to pop the bread into the gadget sitting on the bench whose sole function in the kitchen is - toasting bread. Circa 1919.

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/toaster.htm

That way I can have toast to go with my soup without any risk of burnt fingers. :)

illusion_, Dec 10, 9:38pm
I note you didnt get rid of your large fork

uli, Dec 10, 10:24pm
Needs it for the marshmallows at Xmas!

sampa, Dec 11, 12:48am
Any marshmallows present this Christmas will not require the services of my large fork. They'll likely end up taking a lovely spa in this instead -

http://www.forkandgood.com/2014/12/buttered-rum-hot-chocolates-tower-soup.html

Gotta love a girl that finds such a great use for the male of the households booze. hubby has all that duty free rum. just the thing.

Merry Christmas and may you all wake up to find a soup maker in your stocking if you've been good or at least a big fork if you've been naughty. Both if Santa has trouble deciding.

kay141, Dec 11, 12:57am
I'm hoping for something a little more exciting in my stocking.

That wish probably comes under the dreams are free category. I'm an eternal optimist.

chchgurl, Dec 11, 2:18am
My Grandma is not a gadget person at all, but she really likes the soup maker (my Grandad has been rather unwell in the last while, with little to no appetite, so she is making a lot of different soups for him)

sampa, Dec 11, 7:40am
Best wishes for your Grandads health chchgurl and how wonderful that your Grandma is embracing new technology to help encourage his appetite with a product she obviously finds makes things easier to do so with.

All the best to you and your family over this special season.

nauru, Apr 11, 10:09am
I bought a Soup Mate Pro today, it was on clearance at TWH. I've been thinking about getting the one for a while but couldn't warrant the normal huge price tag. I made tomato and basil soup for tea and I must admit I was so impressed at the simplicity of a few ingredients quickly turning into something so nice without much effort from me. Easy clean up as no pots, stove or stick blender to clean. We will definitely use it a lot especially throughout the winter months and not just for soups. And yes, it is just another gadget, but it's one I like.