Cream thats just a little too old to be called

moovinup, May 28, 8:50am
fresh - have 2 litres of it and don't want to waste it . what could I use it in without getting crook? :)

onclemick, May 28, 9:28am
Quiche

245sam, May 28, 10:06am
moovinup, another use for some of the cream would be in baking i.e. scones and cakes. Here's a recipe from the former Trade Me Cooks that has been very popular here on the Recipes MB.

"Best Ever Cupcakes
2 eggs, cream, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 3/4c caster sugar, 1 c self raising flour. Crack eggs into a 250ml measuring jug then fill to the top with cream. Transfer to a bowl and beat with electic beaters for 1 minute. Add vanilla and sugar, beat 3 minutes. Fold in flour gently with wooden spoon. Spoon mix into 12 muffin tins lined with paper cases. Bake @ 180°C for approx, 15-20mins until light golden and cooked. Cook and ice with your favourite icing.
posted by rkcroft" :-))

Edited to add another thought - is the cream fresh enough to use for desserts e.g. pannacotta, crème brulee? Thinking about the cream's freshness or otherwise - is it just that the cream is at or just past its BBF/Use By date or has it lost its fresh smell and started to smell as though it is souring? Soured cream, as long as it hasn't really gone off, is ok for scone mixtures. :-))

duckmoon, May 28, 11:06am
potatoes bked in cream with onions

lilyfield, May 28, 10:38pm
fill smaller containers with it and freeze to use later in baking.

nauru, May 28, 11:16pm
I would do this too then you don't have to try and use it up all at once.

fifie, May 28, 11:54pm
Make butter, chuck cream into f/processor beat till butter is formed. Remove keep the b milk if you want press butter into a bowl with back of spoon washing liquid out with cold water till it becomes clear and no liquid. This is your butter add 1/4 teasp Salt if you want mix well shape and you have butter to use keep in the fridge.

dollmakernz, May 29, 1:33am
Scones and soup!

lythande1, May 29, 2:53am
Freeze it.

pricilla, May 29, 3:26am
Ice Cream Vanilla, Cream Buns Pavalova Choc Eclairs Cream & Jam Sponge, Lamingtons with Cream, Trifle, Butter. scones etc

bluebell42, May 29, 4:04am
A very 'healthy' rice pud!

pricilla, May 29, 4:08am
Sorry I thought it was fresh cream

macandrosie, Jun 30, 2:46am
Definitely some scones! All my old cream or yoghurt gets used in scones.