Chocolate chip recipe?

fluffy_pink_pig, Mar 24, 5:47am
I am after an easy choc chip recipe?

nauru, Mar 25, 6:35am
Chocolate chip what, cookies, cakes, slices or what?

babytears, Mar 25, 8:04am

cgvl, Mar 25, 8:23am
I use the vanilla biscuit recipe from the Edmonds book.

mooshiesmum, Mar 25, 11:25pm
Oh boy I have heaps! Easiest way is to look at this page, scroll down to Cookies and choose the one you like the sounds of - my favourite is the best ever chewy chocolate chip, the double chocolate chip and the orange chocolate chip - actually they are all good! lol

http://justamumnz.com/sweet-treats/

kiwisportsgirl, Mar 26, 7:39am
I use the Peanut Brownie Biscuits recipe from the Edmond Cook Book and just use choc chips instead of the peanuts and sprinkle extra choc chips on the tops before they go into the oven. They are yummy also can use M and M's instead of peanuts. So many different things you can do with that recipe.

dollmakernz, Mar 30, 9:47am
I always use this one, can add any essence and extras. It makes heaps and they are really nice!
BISCUITS
Many Biscuits
500g butter
1½ c sugar
¼c condensed milk
4c flour
4tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar and condensed milk.
Add sifted dry ingredients and blend in.
Divide into 4 or more portions as desired.

Variations:
(a) Chocolate Chippies: Add 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and chocolate
chips.
(b) Cherry: Add ½ teaspoon vanilla and or almond essence top with cherry.
(c) Almond: Add 1 teaspoon almond essence top with almond.
(d) Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon or spice and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
(e) Ginger: Add 1 teaspoon lemon essence, 1 teaspoon ginger and, chopped
crystallized ginger.

Roll in balls place on trays and flatten or press with fork.
Bake.

Cooking Temp: 180°C 15 minutes

bev00, Dec 16, 8:26am
Here is one I make lots:
Beat together:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
220g soft butter
then beat in:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla ess
2 tablespoons hot water.
beat really well then mix in:
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1-2 cups coarsely cut up whittakers 72% choc (i prefer this, my kids prefer the 50% one)
mix well and mix into balls (don't need to flatten) and bake on greased tray about 12 mins, 180 degrees. key is to not leave them in the oven too long to overcook (took me a bit of trial and error to get exactly right)
makes quite a lot (i often halve it)

andree3 (222 222 positive feedback) 10:11 pm

mamabecs, Mar 31, 3:52pm
This is so bad it will send me straight to hell. Take a slab of sweet short pastry (no need to roll out) and mash in as many chocolate chips as you have. It is also delicious (no joke!) if you have some leftover ready salted potato chips. Crumble them up and mash them in too; you won't notice them, except for a salty caramel flavour where the chocolate has been heated. Now shape the dough into cookies and bake as for choc. chip cookies. I usually have the oven at about 180 degrees for 15 minutes, but that varies according to the size of my cookies.