Vodka jellies!

onyx-1, Aug 29, 5:58am
House warming coming up. Please share you best recipes. many thanks ;)

salniamh, Aug 29, 7:50am

mjhdeal, Aug 29, 5:55pm
Don't know about that recipe, sorry! Adding vodka to the freshly boiled water would make the alcohol evaporate. The way I did it, was reduce the amount of liquid the jelly packet instructions call for, and add the vodka once it has cooled (but not set). Can't find my exact recipe, but like this:
http://www.vodkajelly.co.uk/how-to-make-vodka-jelly/

leebee35, Sep 3, 9:24am
No recipe . I just do a cup of boiling water and cup of vodka. Have never had them lose their alcohol content with it being hot/ boiling. The trick is to have the soft base cups. No sure where you are in country. I buy in bulk from Moore Wilsons in Wellington.

leebee35, Sep 3, 9:25am
Kapiti. Can you get into More Wilsons? they sell them downstairs in bulk packets of about 200.

245sam, Sep 3, 10:33am
onyx-1, here are a couple of recipes that I have kept on my files "just in case".

Vodka Jellies
• Thanks to TM’s falliopian – “My husband and I make them in bulk at least 400 jelly cups, (we have big parties and they are an ideal desert! ) we made 1000 for our wedding! We buy the plastic cups from Toops - about $10 for 200. We also buy the jelly in bulk bags there to. Roughly a 1 litre bottle of vodka will make 100. We also do different flavours like bourbon with coke jelly, gin is nice with a passionfruit flavour!”

1 x 85g packet jelly crystals
250ml each of water and alcohol
Note: from TM’s stormbaby “We recently had our 25th anniversary and it was a MASH theme. I soaked jet planes in vodka and froze them, they were awesome - all tingly as they were chewed.”

• Thanks to TM’s shannonw1
1 x 85g packet jelly crystals
1¼ cups hot water
¾ cup vodka

Dissolve the jelly crystals in the hot water, then add the vodka. Pour the jelly into plastic shot glasses. Allow to cool, then refrigerate overnight to set.

Hope that helps and your party goes well. :-))

cleggyboy, Sep 3, 10:59am
Vodka evaporates at approx 75 degrees celsius, water boils at 100 degrees celsius, of course you will lose the alcohol content. I have made enough home spirits to know that one.

debudder, Nov 14, 7:43am
I have made Jellies with Black Sambucca and Coke Jelly, We may have had too many because I can't tell you if we liked them or not, actually not sure what time we got to bed either but am sure someone hit a few of us with a hammer through the night.