Cayene pepper

sticky232, May 29, 4:13am
Put a bit of pepper in pumpkin soup to spice it up now to hot what can i put in to get rid of heat I think i would have been better of with a spot of curry

mjhdeal, May 29, 4:47am
Milk, yoghurt, peanut butter, potatoes, rice. any of these can help neutralise heat from chillis, and would work with a pumpkin soup.

nauru, May 29, 6:20am
Try adding some plain yoghurt to it.

wildflower, May 29, 7:34am
Yep plain yoghurt or sour cream is good in any thick type soup, I put a bit in my carrot and cashew the other night which has curry in it and so good!

awoftam, May 29, 7:45am
Yogurt and sour cream are the only ingredients I have seen mentioned that will actually go some way to actually neutralise the heat you speak of, OP, as far as I am aware anyway. Google will help I am guessing.

fifie, May 29, 10:03am
Once i put to much curry powder in pumpkin soup a good dollop of sour cream on top when serving made it more palatable,

hd07, May 30, 2:50am
I did exactly the same thing last time I made pumpkin soup, didn't even put that much in. Unfortunately even sour cream didn't help. Kids barely ate any lol. Won't be putting any in next time.

esther-anne, Jun 29, 10:45am
Half a lemon - skin and all - pop into the pot and left there until soup or whatever meal is overly hot is ready, and then removed before serving will also take a lot of the heat out.

Found that out when I made my chilli -con - carne far too hot and fortunately remembered how my Mum used to remedy that decades ago. Sounds odd but works and adds a little tang but less heat.