Chocolate mousse recipes please

bev00, Aug 19, 11:32am
Here's a recipe I have used once or twice:

300 Ml Cream
250 G Chopped Dark Chocolate
3 Egg Yolks
3 Tablespoons Liqueur (cointreau or Kahlua), or vanilla or peppermint essence or strong sweetened espresso coffee
See Note

Heat cream until just about to boil.
Throw everything in a blender and run machine until the racket stops.
Pour into little espresso coffee cups or liqueur glasses and chill at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.

Variations can be made using white chocolate or milk chocolate and even chocolate peppermint creams or caramello chocolate.

Try beating the egg whites and folding in before pouring into pretty glasses. Will probably make more than 6 small servings

jynx66 (80 80 positive feedback) 8:05 am, Thu 15 Aug #3

pickles7 (565 565 positive feedback) 8:06 am, Thu 15 Aug #4

Chocolate Mousse

175g top quality dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa solids.
1 tab brandy or rum or strong coffee
30g unsalted butter
4 eggs, separated

In a bowl over simmering water melt the chocolate in the brandy. Stir until completely smooth and cool for 10 minutes. Stir again, and add butter, stir until amalgamated. Stir in egg yolks until complete amalgamated. Whisk egg whites to soft peaks (not stiff and dry), fold in a third until completely amalgamated. Very gently fold in remaining egg white until just combined.

Pour into glasses or ramekins and chill several hours until set. Improves with at least 24 hours chilling and will keep at least 5 days in the fridge.

Edited by davidt4 at 10:26 am, Thu 15 Aug

davidt4 (222 222 positive feedback) 10:25 am, Thu 15 Aug #5
Chocolate pudding. no eggs required.

2 ripe Avocados
2 tbs Organic Honey
1/3 cup Cacao Powder
2 tbs Organic Coconut Oil, liquid
1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract, optional

Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until you have a nice smooth mousse like consistency.
Place pudding into the fridge for about an hour

cookessentials (1216 1216 positive feedback) 11:30 am, Thu 15 Aug #6
I do the cheats easy one from Nigella Express,without eggs,always delicious and very popular.

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/instant-chocolate-mousse.html

genpat (0 ) 2:36 pm, Sat 17 Aug #7

wahinetoa62, Dec 25, 8:28am
I am wanting to make mousse to take to my brothers tomorrow so can one and all share their fav recipes please

issymae, Dec 25, 8:57am
using a packet one for chocolate trifle

aqua11, Dec 25, 10:01am
The best kind are made of eggs, cream, whittakers chocolate (with high percentage cocoa). I haven't got my recipe on hand, but if you look online, you will find a similar one. Don't need to muck about with gelatine or cocoa. The following recipe is almost identical to mine, its gorgeous.
http://www.annabel-langbein.com/recipes/velvet-chocolate-mousse

suzanna, Dec 19, 8:18am
This is the only recipe I use- easy and delicious.

"I have never included cream in a chocolate mousse. I use Elizabeth David's recipe:

175g top quality dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa solids.
1 tab brandy or rum or strong coffee
30g unsalted butter
4 eggs, separated

In a bowl over simmering water melt the chocolate in the brandy. Stir until completely smooth and cool for 10 minutes. Stir again, and add butter, stir until amalgamated. Stir in egg yolks until complete amalgamated. Whisk egg whites to soft peaks (not stiff and dry), fold in a third until completely amalgamated. Very gently fold in remaining egg white until just combined.

Pour into glasses or ramekins and chill several hours until set. Improves with at least 24 hours chilling and will keep at least 5 days in the fridge.

An orange variation is very good - use orange juice or Grand Marnier instead of the brandy, add a grated zest of an orange.

davidt4 (212 ) 10:41 am, Mon 25 Mar #3