Yummy roast vege tricks?

Page 2 / 2
splashed1, Dec 2, 9:25am
Yellow flesh potatoes are the best. Agria are my favourite by far, parboil rough up and hey presto delicious roast spuds. I also sprinkle with garlic and herb seasoning.

mackenzie2, Dec 2, 7:09pm
Pre cook in microwave also, then roast them in sundried tomato oil (always save it after you have eaten the tomato's) then only toss them once throught the cooking process. Crack of pepper and some sea salt, then serve

petal1955, Dec 2, 7:54pm
also dont crowd your roasting dish otherwise they wont crisp up. High heat is also the trick. 220 C

motorbo, Dec 2, 8:16pm
use a flat oven dish, high sides insulate and that can also mean the veges steam instead of roast

greatauntyof2, Dec 3, 6:18am
I only use Agria potatoes, dry them before you put them in the oven or 1/2 par cook before and high heat as mentioned.

alphadave, Dec 3, 7:21am
I bring to boil from cold water, as soon as the water bubble I drain, toss back in the pan with some butter and oil and some onion soup mix. Then bake.

zamary2, Dec 4, 5:31am
same as alphadave , works well the onion soup mix

kindajojo, Jun 21, 9:53am
Moonlight potatoes are beautiful, yellow flesh, roast perfectly, kumara parsnips and carrots throw in a couple of garlic bulbs just cut the tops off don't peel por in a bit of olive oil, pumpkin. Do plenty and left overs purée to make roast vegetable soup. Or a cold roast vegetable salad.
Squeeze out the garlic and serve on toasted bread or crackers.