Lemon curd/lemon butter. what happened to mine?

lambrat, Mar 23, 4:52am
i made a triple batch last night, just took a look and it hasn't set properly. it did last time i made it.
thought it'd thickened up once it started turning a creamy colour so gave it a few more stirs then turned off the heat.

have i completely blown it!has anyone had this happen and reheated and added more egg/butter or something else!
as it is i'm sure its too runny to make my lovely cake with, boohoo :((

fifie, Mar 23, 5:30am
Bummer, sounds like you haven't cooked it quite enough if you tripled the recipe. I'd put it all into a microwave proof bowl and re heat at short bursts 20-30 secs stirring well after each burst till you get it coating the back of the spoon well and thickening up, then cool again and re bottle. M/w is great for lemon honey. Hope that works for you if not use it as a sauce for icream/ or a sponge pudding.

lambrat, Mar 23, 5:54am
cheers, yes i think it was about 35 mins when i turned it off. with 6 eggs in it i was too darn carefulof overheating it.
worked well when i doubled the mix last year.
i'll try the microwave and hope that helps things!
thanks for the advice.

lambrat, Mar 23, 2:08pm
great stuff, i've got 3 decent size jars parked in the dark, cooling by the open window. i think i got it thick enough, but either way i'll remember this and do it right first the next time!
big cheers for the microwave advice, i was too careful to do it in 30sec bursts & stuck to 20sec, so it took a while. but worth it, i've just finished licking the bowl and ladle, lol
time for a snooze!

jaybee6, Mar 29, 3:53am
Use the microwave receipe it is far the best and only takes a few minutes. I always use to do mine on stove but not now. This is a great way to do it. Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

sclaredy_cat, Mar 29, 6:54am
I agree. The one I use was the only recipe I ever liked in the Edmonds microwave recipe book. One day I sold the book on trademe, realised I'd now lost the recipe, requested it on here and voila, some lovely member posted it for me. It's so easy, and the kids love making it too :)