Help - Pressure Cooker Times

lulu239, Feb 15, 8:23pm
I have a 2kg piece of corned silverside I am wanting to try in the pressure cooker. I have looked up the Fagor site but they don't give the information for corned beef. I don't want to spoil it, so can someone give me a time for cooking please.

thewomble1, Feb 17, 12:40pm
All the instructions I have on how to cook corned beef/corned brisket state.highest pressure.50 - 60 minutes once the pressure has built up.let pressure drop on its own accord after cooking.
Between 1.5kg and 2.2kg piece of meat.

valentino, Feb 17, 7:41pm
Via Fagor recipe book for a cured Beef pot Roast about 1.5 kilo and if cooking meat only then position 2 (the high setting) for 50 to 60 minutes.
A normal pot roast of beef is about 40 - 45 minutes.

As thewombie1 noted, let the preassure drop etc but also one can alter the heat of the stove element but ensuring that you still have that hissing of the steam during the cooking time.

Oh, you need at least 2 cups of liquid to start with and listen to the hissing of the steam, if liquid volume is lessening too quickly (noting the sound of the hissing) and if this happens then one needs to take of the heat, release the preassure safely then add more liquid and continue.

Editing to add, that you should have a "User Manual", it is on this page 18 or thereabouts, and my terrible misprinting errors

Hopes this helps.

lulu239, Feb 19, 12:41am
Thanks to both of you. I went ahead and gave it 1 hour. Came out OK. I checked my user manual and found the times!. The pages had not been cut so I didn't see it.