Pressure cookers

toenails, Apr 27, 3:17am
Hi all, I pulled out my mothers flash pc and the important bit is missing from the handle, so here I go looking for another one. Has anyone got one to reccommend?

cookessentials, Apr 27, 3:18am
Fagor all the way- the largest selling pressure cooker and also ticked all the boxes through Austrlain consumer.

toenails, Apr 27, 8:52am
Thanks cookessentials, I would agree but they are much too pricey for a granny like me.
There are some new pc s on TM but I know nothing about them, has anyone had some experience with the Chinese varieties?

cookessentials, Apr 27, 9:29am
To be honest, you would be better to pay a little more and get a good one. What size do you think would suit you. There is a six litre, but I also understand that there is a smaller one too

noelinevc, Apr 27, 9:32am
Cuisinart CPC-600A and Fagor Duo 918060251 are the 2 recommended by Consumer NZ both around $200. I have got a Fissler which is fantastic. What brand is your Mum's - are you sure that you can't get replacement parts. With the good brands you should be able to buy spares.
Wouldn't live without mine and - it was really expensive when I bought it and I can still get parts 15 years on!

cookessentials, Apr 27, 9:36am
x1
You can get a 6 litre Fagor on TM and he is selling them not much over wholesale at $199

toenails, Apr 27, 8:32pm
My mother's PC is a WMF Perfect, and replacement parts are available in Oz, I don't know the name of the bit missing. I guess I should ring them.

cookessentials, Apr 27, 11:29pm
you should be able to get spare parts from any retailer that stocks WMF

laraine, May 23, 3:46am
Jessicadesign is the trader to buy the Fagor 6-litre from on TradeMe. There's another trader with the same deal ($199 with free postage and a spare gasket) but he doesn't let you use your credit card.