Crockpots/slow cookers?

kiwiscrapper1, Feb 8, 10:08am
I have just bought a new Breville 'slow cooker' ,the one you can use on the stove top to sear and brown whatever your cooking, because everything I cook in the crockpot always taste the same and its blah! and because we have homekill beef we always end up with the rolled rib roast that cook in the oven dry out and are as tough as a boot! decided to try one in my new cooker and it was soo yummy, beautiful tender and so moist I couldnt stop eating it! I have also done a casserole (yes in this hot weather) and it was so much nicer. Would definately recommend if your thinking of buying one.

lythande1, Feb 8, 6:51pm
So why didn't you just put your roast in a covered casserole and cook it slowly with some liquid in your oven! It's all a slow cooker does you know.

gr8stuf4me, Feb 8, 8:56pm
Kiwiscrapper1 - thank you for posting, I have often wondered if they were any better than the usual slow cookers, and also tell me, was it easy to clean afterwards - this I would also like to know. Sure there are those who do not like slow cookers or crock pots for various reasons but for some of us they are very useful pieces of equipment to have and get used alot. Does it overcook things like the modern slow cookers do - does it seem to cook hotter than the older crock pots.Sorry for the 20 questions but Im curious about these. Thanks