Muesli Bars

jazz125, Jan 26, 6:59am
I am looking for recipes to make Muesli Bars for my children to take to school.Does anyone have any tried and true ones!

jazz125, Jan 26, 7:11am
Thanks, they look yum!

babytears, Jan 26, 9:44am
This is a great recipe!

Baked Oaty Slice.

150g butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
Melt together for 2 minutes in microwave. Stir to mix.
Add: 1.5 C flour
1 C rolled oats
1/2 C coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 C sultanas

You can add choc chips, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, or instead of rolled oats add muesli, dried cranberries, apricots. just about anything you want. Mix well and press into tin. Bake at 180 for 10 minutes

Oh I usually add muesli instead of oats, or a bit of each

sarahb5, Jan 27, 3:57am
They are just about the worst thing you can put in your children's lunch boxes unless you're married to a dentist - just one stop away from roll ups really.Anything sticky and chewy is a bad idea unless you can clean your teeth straight after.Better to have chocolate cake, muffin or cookie as the crumbs are less sticky and saliva will wash the sugar off their teeth which it can't do with muesli bars.

pbear, Jan 27, 4:01am
I came across this one last night.She's on FB as well, looks like a great page!

http://www.theyummylife.com/honey_nut_oat_granola_bars

guest, Apr 1, 10:44am
Lynn, It is good that you are eating htliehaer than ever. But the cheese and alfredo sauce are not good for you. Sure, it tastes great, but it's not healthy. You are so close, but eating added oils and fats is offsetting all the good you are trying to accomplish. I highly suggest you check out Dr. Esselstyn to see what you are doing to your endothelial cells. Then try Dr. McDougall's starch based diet. You can feel healthy and actually be healthy. You owe it to yourself. Good Luck. Ken