What T Pot keeps the tea hottest? China, Stainless

white_elephant, Jan 20, 8:44pm
steel, or what, I hadn't thought about it until a friend said my pottery one wasn't keeping the tea hot.

lodgelocum, Jan 20, 8:51pm
I would suggest a stainless steel tea pot would stay hottest the longest, but I no longer use teapots, I am the only one in the family that drinks tea so use a teabag.

daisyhill, Jan 20, 9:34pm
Whatever you use, put a tea cosy on it! That'll keep the tea nice and hot.

My glass one keeps the heat in surprisingly well but think my porcelain one is slightly better. I don't have a cosy to fit the glass one so I wrap a teatowel round it if I'm home alone and don't care about appearances :-)

beaker59, Jan 20, 9:49pm
Porcelain works by being a heat sink but it needs to be hot before you make the tea, heat the pot first by filling with hot water and standing for a minute or two. Porcelain holds allot of heat so heat it before you make the tea. Stainless steel which is shiny has a heat holding property which is about reflectance of IR energy same principle as thermal blankets and resting meat in tinfoil after cooking, it works well. So they both work for different reasons. A tea cosy works for both as well extending the time it stays hot.

harrislucinda, Jan 20, 10:10pm
howlong afterwasitwhenyouput theboilingwaterin!usuallystartdrinkingtabout3or4minsallowing thettodrawWasitnotstillhotafterthat

nauru, Jan 21, 8:51am
I use a Stainless Steel teapot and the tea stays hot for quite a while.I have several teapots but like my SS one the best.

sarahb5, Jan 21, 9:27am
I don't like stainless steel pots - I think it affects the taste of the tea.We have a good old fashioned "Brown Betty" teapot with a knitted tea cosy.

twai, Jan 21, 9:50am
For company I use the tea pot, I use my old china one, preheated with boiling water before I put in the leaves or tea bags and then cover with a tea cosy, keeps hot for at least the second cuppas - the new tea cosy I bought from our local hospice shop.If it is only me i use a tea bag in the cup.

cookessentials, Jan 22, 4:09am
Stainless steel is a poor conductor of heat, however, you can get the double walled ones which work well.

genpat, Jan 23, 12:41am
I use a colourful china tea pot,I like a tea cosy too.This teapot was the first real present my kids bought me many years ago,all putting in their pocket money when they were quite little.Not sure but maybe sentiment improves the taste!

tippsey, Jan 23, 4:23am
Not that I am a Tea drinker. but maybe that is why our Grandmothers & maybe Mothers (depending on your age) all had Knitted Tea Cosy's .lol. Maybe I should start knitting some and selling them on Trademe.lol