Roast Pork question

ferrit47, Jan 2, 1:41pm
No you cant Refreeze it.

245sam, Jan 2, 8:04pm
ferrit47, please explain why the pork cannot/could not be cooked then frozen again as advised by pgta - surely if the meat is cooked before being refrozen it should/would be ok!:-))

firemansgirl, Jan 2, 10:20pm
Why not! I know you can't thaw a piece of meat out and then refreeze it, but I have thawed, cooked and refrozen loads of times. I used to cook meals for my ex who did shift work, we'd cook enough to pop 2 dinners into the freezer for nightshift, and just took them out of the freezer before going to work and then they got microwaved to reheat. No problems.

uli, Jan 2, 10:24pm
I would keep it in the fridge - it will last at least 2 or 3 days in there while it is defrosting. Cook it when husband comes home!

kiwitrish, Jan 2, 10:25pm
I agree.

karlymouse, Jan 3, 2:24am
I am assuming that ok to freeze meat that has been previousy frozen, defrosted and cookedbut probably not a wonderful flavour . but thats personal. I hate reheated roast meats anyway - they always taste just not right to me.

uli, Jan 3, 5:48am
What did you do in the end!

lordean, Jan 5, 7:09am
Better crackling if fresh and cooked same day!

seafield1, Dec 23, 11:54pm
I am in a real dilema, husband is stuck at Wellington airport and it doesn't seem he will get back today. I have a small roast pork in the freezer for tonights dinner, how long will this keep refridgerated raw, in case he doesn't get home.

petal1955, Dec 23, 11:56pm
If its still in the freezer keep it there.if you have started to defrost it and its in the fridge.Im sure it wouldntdefrost fully till overnight when you could cook it tomorrow or the day after.

pgta, Dec 24, 12:03am
Cook it anyway just in case - once cooked you can slice it and then refreeze

beaker59, Dec 24, 12:36am
If its just defrosted and was in good condition when it was frozen then it will be fine for 3 or 4 days probably longer.