Cleaning Sticky Kitchen Grime

Page 1 / 2
lindyjack, Dec 22, 9:40pm
Looking for ideas for cleaning the sticky kitchen cooking grime etc from the top of the pantry, exposed shelving etc please.

skippie1, Dec 22, 9:47pm
Elbow grease, no seriously, use Jif or any de-greaser, even Ajax floor cleaner works with hot water. Good luck.

alljays, Dec 22, 9:50pm
Sugar Soap

purplegoanna, Dec 22, 10:02pm
i make up a sloshy mix of jiff and hot water and then wipe it down with clean hot water after using abit of elbow grease, did the kitchen yesterday including the wall behind the stove and doing the bathroom now.

margyr, Dec 22, 10:36pm
handy andy put some into a squirty bottle and fill with water, spray on wait a couple of minutes and then just wipe off, I use this all the time, great for bathroom, toilet and kitchen and cheap as.

nauru, Dec 22, 11:29pm
Same as post #5 here, I also add white vinegar and some eucalyptus oil to the spray bottle.

ange164, Dec 23, 12:41am
I use the pink tub of chemico.

village.green, Dec 23, 12:49am
Jif

bernice1, Dec 23, 1:03am
Washing soda solution witha squirt of dishwash liquid in a spray bottle.

asue, Dec 23, 1:09am
I use just straight handy andy onto the cloth then wash down afterwards with hot soapy water.Make sure you have the window open.

akalea, Dec 23, 6:42am
Washing powder is good for alot of cleaning.It is great for cleaning oven racks too.Mix a bit of washing powder in a bucket of water and then wipe on and clean, then clean bench as usual once the grease etc has come off.

firefly001, Dec 23, 6:46am
methylated spirits for the top of the range hood

duckmoon, Dec 23, 6:49am
50 drops Lavender oil in s cup of water.
Put in a spray bottle

brisgirl, Dec 23, 7:16am
white vinegar and hot water or baby wipes.My baby is 14 and I buy wipes all the time for cleaning.

tehenga288, Dec 23, 8:07am
+1 for baby wipes, great for al sorts of cleaning.

catsmeat1, Dec 23, 8:17am
I use washing machine liquid mixed with warm water, it is a brilliant degreaser

roshu, Dec 23, 8:17am
Also that little steam cleaner thing that they advertise on the tele does a good job.

thq, Dec 23, 8:34am
and when its all clean cover with news paper and then just change the paper next time.

pickles7, Dec 23, 7:50pm
I was reading everything deciding to add.clean then lay newspaper down. lol. been there before. The top of the cupboards is a very hard place to clean. Keep the newspaper secure with, blu tac.

lucemm, Dec 23, 9:47pm
Or cover with gladwrap

lenart, Dec 23, 10:00pm
I use washing soda solution or methylated spirit. Washing soda works better for me, it doesn't have the odour.

anne1955, Dec 23, 10:30pm
Good old handy andy. And old neighbour said to me the other day she uses it for anything and everything even cleaning rugs etc.I had been trying to clean a cooper fire screen the old beating cooper and brass type ones.did all sorts of things and then got a bottle of handy andy 2.49 or there abouts.and gosh you wouldn't know it now.looks like its been proff done.

wendalls, Dec 25, 9:06am
Yes. I heard handy andy cleans jewellry well. I dont have much so havent tried it. But i just fill up my sink with hot water and then use straight dishwash detergent on a chux cloth for easy degreasing of rangehood and cupboards, oven and fridge and first wash for very dirty windows.

tessie2, Dec 25, 9:57am
I have a kitchen Enjo glove and its absolutely brilliant on cleaning greasy surfaces.No scrubbing and just cold water.No residual chemicals or smells.

wishbone66, Dec 25, 11:42am
Baby wipes for cleaning greasy old stuff - what on earth must they do to a little babies bottom or face! lol.