Xmas day dessert sampler.

Page 2 / 2
bedazzledjewels, Dec 17, 5:13am
That's impressive chooky. Party at your place! ;-)

tasha8, Dec 17, 5:24am
Wow chooky I am so so impressed what do you use to shape all of the mini bases etc - I want to create this exact thing.Every single one of them sound delicious, expecially the ginger biscuits and lemon silk

chooky, Dec 17, 9:10am
I use the mini muffin tins, its a long job, especially if some of the bases need to be blind baked.

chooky, Dec 17, 9:11am
No we travel 2 hrs on Christmas day, with fingers crossed that everything is ok when we get there!

waswoods, Dec 17, 9:35am
Very-merry-cherries with a dollop of cream on top!

arcane1315, Dec 17, 4:57pm

arcane1315, Dec 17, 4:57pm

tasha8, Dec 17, 5:45pm
any chance of recipes for some of your goodies chooky!

gerry64, Dec 17, 8:42pm
this is the yummiest slice I have cooked for years
http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/07/chunky-chocolate-fruit-and-nut-slice.html
white chocolate- macadamia nuts - dried apricots etc YUM

gerry64, Dec 17, 8:42pm
this is the yummiest slice I have cooked for years
http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/07/chunky-chocolate-fruit-and-nut-slice.html
white chocolate- macadamia nuts - dried apricots etc YUM

wildflower, Dec 18, 3:13am
chooky, could you please post your recipe for peanut butter truffles!

tania007, Dec 18, 6:19am
lollie cake, mini xmas tarts, white xmas, mini choc eclairs, cheescake cut into fingers, toffee pop truffles.

elliehen, Dec 18, 7:08am
wildflower, if chooky doesn't return, you might like to try this recipe which I have made with success.

NATASJA'S PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

Combine:
1 cup extra-chunky peanut butter
1 cup rice bubbles
1 cup sifted icing sugar
3 Tablespoons soft butter

Mix very well and roll into small balls.Put into fridge to chill for several hours.

Melt 375gm chocolate melts (instead I use 1 large block Whittaker's Dark Ghana 72% cocoa solids, to offset the sweetness)

Bring water to boil in saucepan, take off heat, fit bowl with broken chocolate on top, but don't let the bowl touch the water. Stir till melted - about 4 minutes.

Dip chilled balls in chocolate and put on baking paper. Chill in fridge, and keep stored there.

Notes:
+ I used a jar of Pic's salted peanut butter.
+ Extra roasted peanuts (optional)
+ Always use good quality chocolate, not compound stuff

chooky, Dec 18, 9:33am
tHE LADIES ARE FAST ON THIS BOARD, SOMEONE HAS WRITTEN IT UP ALREADY. THANKS.

chooky, Dec 18, 9:36am
I GET ALL MY RECIPES OFF THE RECIPE BOARD. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE AND I WILL SEE IF I CAN FIND IT.

mcgeown, Dec 18, 9:46am
can you freeze ambrosia!

chooky, Dec 18, 9:54am
We never have any left to freeze. Does last a couple of days in the fridge.

babyonboardnz, Dec 28, 4:38am
Any chance we could have the Yule Log recipe! Pretty please.

sarahb5, Dec 28, 4:59am
No recipe required - unfilled chocolate sponge roll from Countdown, whipped cream and chocolate ganache.Unroll the sponge, fill with cream and roll back up.Cut a piece off the end diagonally and attach to the side.Cover with chocolate ganache, use a fork to make "bark" marks, sprinkle with icing sugar "snow" and add some Christmas decorations or edible glitter.