Christmas cake where and how to store

sharka1, Dec 15, 4:21am
Hey wonderful cooks i have made my 2 Christmas cakes (Little friday recipe book).My arm is strong as hell from stirring it every day for a perhaps a month.Now i need to know where to i put it in the fridge or in the pantry And if you could give me tips in how to wrap and store the cakes.forever gratefulsigned Try hard cook.

sharka1, Dec 15, 4:27am
Come on share your wisdom i would really appreciate it

fifie, Dec 15, 4:32am
Way i do it with all fruit xmas and wedding cakes is leave the cake in the tin when you take it out of the oven, wrap tin and cake in a big clean towel and sit it in the pantry in the cool. Un wrap weekly if you have time to drizzle some brandy over it or un wrap carefully take it out of the tin when you are ready toput nuts on it with a brandy glaze, or ice it with yummy icing.Always have a nice and moist cake.

punkinthefirst, Dec 15, 4:40am
Don't worry so much!
Pour over a little alcohol as often as you think about it, and keep it in an ant-proof container in the cool.
They keep for over a year in a cool pantry, so the ten days til Christmas is not going to give it time to go mouldy!

coolnzmum, Dec 15, 4:45am
Mind is in an air tight container.It is wrapped in two layers of baking paper and two layers of foil.I brush it with brandy every week, one week I brush the top and the next week I turn it upside down and brush the bottom. It should be nicely drunk by the time I take it through customs :-)It is just sitting on a shelf in my dinning room.

andrew1954, Dec 15, 4:46am
Is there an alternative to using Brandy / booze to keep moist.!

punkinthefirst, Dec 15, 5:56am
It acts as a preservative as well. If you don't want to brush it with booze, just use orange juice or something, and keep it in the freezer instead - although I wouldn't bother this close to Christmas.

maximus44, Dec 15, 6:04am
I store mine wrapped in the baking paper the tin was lined with gladwrap then tinfoil. Works well. Put in a cool, dry place.

sharka1, Dec 15, 10:55am
Thank you for the advice :) mine will have brandy a little every dayand i will do what has been suggested

chebat, Dec 16, 2:26am
I used orange juice last year instead of brandy as I was pregnant, it did the trick :)