Spicy peanut or nut recipe plz

2nasti, Dec 13, 9:56am
Does anyone know the recipe to coat peanuts and it has curry powder and also chicken soup mix as well in it, or something like that please!

245sam, Dec 13, 10:55am
2nasti, maybe you could use this Nuts and Bolts recipe, without the Nutrigrain:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/nuts-and-bolts-5210719

Hope that helps.:-))

52many, Dec 14, 2:04am
Here's our recipe that we have used for years. It doesn't have any chicken or onion soup mix but I can't see why you could not add that. I haven't tried.

1kg mixed nuts.peanuts, walnuts, pecans, cashews, almonds.
3tbspns Mild curry powder
3x 50gr pkts Caramel corn
2x 140gr Hymark noodles, ready to eat

Roast nuts in oil & curry for 35-45mins at 180oc. Make sure you coat the nuts well and stir every 10mins or so.
Cool.
Mix in Caramel corn & Noodles. Season with salt.
Store in airtight container.

245sam, Dec 14, 3:16am
Here's a couple of recipes from this week's Countdown circular.

CURRIED NUTS
1 egg white
3 tsp curry powder
1 tsp each ofsaltandcaster sugar
2 cups mixed nutse.g.cashewsandwalnuts

Whisk the egg white until frothy, then whisk in the curry powder, salt and sugar.Stir in the nuts, then transfer the nuts to a non-stick baking paper-lined baking tray.
Roast at180°Cfor12-15 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.

SWEET CHILLI PEANUTS
200g peanuts
⅓ cup sweet chilli sauce

Combine the peanuts and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl.Stir until well coated, then transfer the nuts to a non-stick baking paper-lined baking tray.
Roast at180°Cfor12-15 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.:-))

wildflower, Dec 14, 3:19am
Anyone done a lime and chilli!That seems to be popular lately.

sstraight, Dec 14, 5:51am
The one I make is:
250g nut
2 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
60g melted butter

Roast nuts for 8 minutes. Beat egg whites till stiff. Beat in sugar till stiff. Add cinnamon, mixed spice, melted butter and nuts. Mix until combined. Bake for 30 minutes turning frequently.

My house love these so much that I have had to hide them so there are some for Xmas.

floydbloke, Dec 14, 7:50am
Spiced Nuts

500g raw nuts any combination (almonds, brazil, pecan, madadamia, cashews, peanuts), 1 egg white, 1 Tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp salt, dash soy sauce.Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.Whisk the egg white till frothy.Add the spices, salt, soy sauce and nuts.Mix together and coat the nuts in the spices.Spread the nuts on a baking paper covered tray and cook for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally.They may need a further 5 minutes to make sure they are golden and crispy.

juliewn, Dec 15, 2:29am
I saw spiced chickpeas for sale recently. am going to make some in a similar way to the recipes above.